Virat Kohli breaks Sachin’s record in Australia
January 4, 2019
Virat Kohli has become the fastest batsman to reach 19,000 international runs mark.India team's most successful captain achieved the feat yesterday during the fourth Test match against Australia. It was also the 399th innings played by the Virat Kohli in his career.
With this, Kohli has broken the record of former India batsman Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin had reached the 19,000 international runs in 432 innings.
In September 2018, Virat had become the fastest batsman to reach 18,000 international runs in 382 innings.
Another Indian Batman is also on a spree of reaching new milestones in Australia. Cheteshwar Pujara has become the third Indian batsman after Virat Kohli and Sunil Gavaskar to make three centuries in a Test series. He has also made the 18th Test hundred of his career.
Mayank Agarwal missed out on the opportunity to score a maiden Test century on day one of the fourth Test. He hopes to make up for his mistake in future matches.
Indian cricket fans are rejoicing the team's performance in Australia.
👑 Off Happiness 🇮🇳 @madmax29580547 wrote, "Replying to @ICC Australia hasn't scored a single century in these series so far and Kohli and pujara together have 4 "
Gagan Sahni 🇮🇳 @IndiafirstVM tweeted, " Well played @MayankAggarwal please don't be rash after 50 seeing #NathanLyon convert these 70s into Century #INDvAUS"
ALSO READ: PM Modi gives 1st interview of 2019
Watch in Sign Language
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern wins praise for response to terror attack
March 25, 2019
- 111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
March 25, 2019
- Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
March 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Parasports March 24, 2019 Kerala para athletes climb Nainital’s highest peak, aim to inspire youngsters
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 22, 2019
Headlines March 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News