Cyclone alert in 7 Odisha districts
January 5, 2019
The government of Odisha has put seven districts on high alert after warning of cyclonic storm 'Pabuk' entering the state. Pabuk was formed over South China Sea and is moving towards Odisha. The seven districts that have been put on high alert are Kendrapara, Bhadrak, Balasore, Jagatsinghpur, Ganjam, Puri and Khordha. Pabuk is expected to cross Andaman Islands on 6 January and coast of Myanmar by 8 January. The Revenue and Disaster Management Department has asked residents to be extremely careful.
Tourists and fishermen have also been alerted. Fishermen are asked not to go the sea for another one week till the cyclone settles down. Heavy rains are also expected in these areas.
The sea condition will be rough to very rough over Andaman Sea along south Myanmar and Thailand coast from 4 Jan evening. To become very rough to high over Andaman Sea on 5th and over Andaman Sea and adjoining areas of eastcentral and southeast Bay of Bengal on 6th and 7th. The fishermen are advised not to venture into Andaman Sea during 4-7 Jan and into adjoining southeast and eastcentral Bay of Bengal during 6-7 Jan-National Disaster Management Authority, Govt of India
Though Pabuk has a speed of 40-50 km/hr, it is expected to hit up to 102 km/hr by the time it reaches Andaman Islands. Weather forecast department has also said that West Bengal need not worry about Pabuk since the cyclone will not be moving towards the state.
"No one really knows what #cyclonepabuk will bring, but whatever happens... #Bestrong, look out for those closest to you and recover better. . Be well, and If you can see how to help", tweeted Toby Street.
ALSO READ: Kerala shuts down after Sabarimala protests
Watch in Sign Language
- NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
May 23, 2019
- Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
May 23, 2019
- India launches new spy satellite
May 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News