Cyclone alert in 7 Odisha districts
January 5, 2019
The government of Odisha has put seven districts on high alert after warning of cyclonic storm 'Pabuk' entering the state. Pabuk was formed over South China Sea and is moving towards Odisha. The seven districts that have been put on high alert are Kendrapara, Bhadrak, Balasore, Jagatsinghpur, Ganjam, Puri and Khordha. Pabuk is expected to cross Andaman Islands on 6 January and coast of Myanmar by 8 January. The Revenue and Disaster Management Department has asked residents to be extremely careful.
Tourists and fishermen have also been alerted. Fishermen are asked not to go the sea for another one week till the cyclone settles down. Heavy rains are also expected in these areas.
The sea condition will be rough to very rough over Andaman Sea along south Myanmar and Thailand coast from 4 Jan evening. To become very rough to high over Andaman Sea on 5th and over Andaman Sea and adjoining areas of eastcentral and southeast Bay of Bengal on 6th and 7th. The fishermen are advised not to venture into Andaman Sea during 4-7 Jan and into adjoining southeast and eastcentral Bay of Bengal during 6-7 Jan-National Disaster Management Authority, Govt of India
Though Pabuk has a speed of 40-50 km/hr, it is expected to hit up to 102 km/hr by the time it reaches Andaman Islands. Weather forecast department has also said that West Bengal need not worry about Pabuk since the cyclone will not be moving towards the state.
"No one really knows what #cyclonepabuk will bring, but whatever happens... #Bestrong, look out for those closest to you and recover better. . Be well, and If you can see how to help", tweeted Toby Street.
ALSO READ: Kerala shuts down after Sabarimala protests
Watch in Sign Language
- Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
March 20, 2019
- PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
March 20, 2019
- One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Discriminatory medical admission guidelines regarding disabled aspirants crush this Ranchi doctor's dream
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Events March 14, 2019 Future Planning for persons with special needs
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Election Commission's voter helpline 1950 proves to be a letdown for disabled community in Chennai
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News