Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
January 5, 2019
Dear Readers, NewzHook wishes you a very Happy New Year 2019! Here are the top news of the week!
India's Arunima Sinha made history by becoming the first woman amputee to scale the highest peak in Antarctica.
Leading private sector bank in India, HDFC has taken steps to make banking accessible for disabled customers.
A new innovation called VOIS is all set to break the communication barriers for people who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Delhi government has notified rules under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and become one of the few states to do so effectively.Paraplegic pilot Michael Charles Lomberg died in a plane crash.
Keep reading NewzHook and write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Headlines May 23, 2019 TikTok celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News