Twitter war between Haryana minister & shooter Manu Bhaker
Haryana Sports Minister Anil Vij and ace shooter Manu Bhaker are having a harsh exchange of words over Twitter over a promised cash reward.
The controversy started after 16-year-old Bhaker asked if Vij intended to honour his promise of giving her a cash reward of Rs. two crore for winning the Youth Olympic Games in 2018.
Her tweet contained screenshots from Vij's Twitter handle and a question - "Sir, Please confirm if it is correct... Or just Jumla (false promise)."
The screenshots showed Vij announcing that the Haryana government would grant Bhaker a cash prize of Rs two crore as against the Rs 10 lakh awards given by previous governments. Bhaker's question started a controversy on social media and Vij came forward with a clarification and rebuke.
Manu Bhaker should have first confirmed it from the sports department before posting (such questions) on the public domain. It is disgusting to denounce a state government that's giving the highest awards in the country. Bhaker will get the Rs. 2 crore as tweeted by me, and as per the notification at the time. There should be some sense of discipline in players. Bhaker should feel sorry for creating this controversy. She has a long way to go. She should focus on her game only. - Anil Vij, Haryana Sports Minister
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar also jumped in and said, "Manu Bhaker will get award money as per the rules of the department, but tweeting over it is not good. I think nobody should have a problem with the rules."
Bhaker has made her mark in shooting ranges across the world, winning multiple golds. Last year, many sportspersons battled with the Haryana government over an order requiring them to deposit one-third of their income from professional sports or commercial endorsements with the state sports council. This was later suspended.
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
- Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
January 23, 2019
- 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 23, 2019 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 10, 2019
Headlines January 21, 2019
Headlines January 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News