Railway stations to get airport-like security
Railway stations are in for a major security system upgrade in the country. The Indian Railways has decided to change the security system and process at the stations across the country and make them at par with the security at the airports.
As part of the plan, travelers will be required to reach their respective railway stations at least 15-20 minutes before their train's scheduled departure. This time will be utilized for a complete security check process.
Stations will be sealed just like the airports in the country and entry-exit points will be closely monitored.
The changes will be made as per the Integrated Security System(ISS) plan that was approved in the year 2016. The system is multi-faceted and includes features such as CCTV cameras, access control, personal and baggage screening system, bomb detection-disposal system and multiple checking of passengers and baggage till they board the trains.
Real-time face recognition software will also be used to identify and detect known offenders or criminals by the Railway Police Force.
Random checking of passengers will be carried out across the stations to ensure security.
Prayagraj station in Uttar Pradesh and Hubli station in Karnataka have already started following the hi-tech security plan. The Railways is planning to implement the same system at 202 more stations.
Here is how some social media users responded to the announcement.
Nandita Sen @nandita_sen tweeted,” I hope they have considered that some trains run late(so when do the passengers have to reach-will they be given an sms to tell them about the delay)..what about the relatives who come to drop/receive-do they go through the scanning too..some of the existing machines do not work.”
Anshu wrote, ”After wading through the security check at New Delhi railway station im betting this would only result in more hassle for the passenger. Railways and airports are not comparable.”
ALSO READ: Vivek Oberoi to play PM Modi in film
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
- Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
January 23, 2019
- 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Accessibility January 16, 2019 Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 21, 2019
Headlines January 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News