Railway stations to get airport-like security
January 7, 2019
Railway stations are in for a major security system upgrade in the country. The Indian Railways has decided to change the security system and process at the stations across the country and make them at par with the security at the airports.
As part of the plan, travelers will be required to reach their respective railway stations at least 15-20 minutes before their train's scheduled departure. This time will be utilized for a complete security check process.
Stations will be sealed just like the airports in the country and entry-exit points will be closely monitored.
The changes will be made as per the Integrated Security System(ISS) plan that was approved in the year 2016. The system is multi-faceted and includes features such as CCTV cameras, access control, personal and baggage screening system, bomb detection-disposal system and multiple checking of passengers and baggage till they board the trains.
Real-time face recognition software will also be used to identify and detect known offenders or criminals by the Railway Police Force.
Random checking of passengers will be carried out across the stations to ensure security.
Prayagraj station in Uttar Pradesh and Hubli station in Karnataka have already started following the hi-tech security plan. The Railways is planning to implement the same system at 202 more stations.
Here is how some social media users responded to the announcement.
Nandita Sen @nandita_sen tweeted," I hope they have considered that some trains run late(so when do the passengers have to reach-will they be given an sms to tell them about the delay)..what about the relatives who come to drop/receive-do they go through the scanning too..some of the existing machines do not work."
Anshu wrote, "After wading through the security check at New Delhi railway station im betting this would only result in more hassle for the passenger. Railways and airports are not comparable."
ALSO READ: Vivek Oberoi to play PM Modi in film
Watch in Sign Language
- Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
March 18, 2019
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
March 18, 2019
- New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
March 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Will not ally with Congress anywhere, says Mayawati
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Technology March 14, 2019 With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Mumbai bridge collapse - Families demand answers
- Headlines March 14, 2019 United States wants UN to designate Masood Azhar a global terrorist
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News