Jasprit Bumrah rested for India vs Australia ODIs
January 9, 2019
With just days to go for the India vs Australia ODI series, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to give India's main fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah a rest. He will also be rested for the upcoming tour of New Zealand.
Hyderabad pacer Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah, while Sidharth Kaul, who bowled well in the Indian Premier League will be included in the Indian T20I squad.
Bumrah ended the Test series as one of the two top wicket-takers along with Australian Nathan Lyon. The BCCI decision seems to have been taken with a view to rest Bumrah.
Keeping in mind the work load of the bowler, it was best felt to give him adequate rest ahead of the home series against Australia. Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah in the squad for the Australia and New Zealand tour. Punjab pacer Siddarth Kaul has also been drafted into the squad for the three-match T20I series against New Zealand. - Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
Just 12 months after he made his debut in Test matches, Bumrah has become India's main pacer in all three formats. The Indian attack made up of Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Ishant Sharma is being called India's best ever.
Captain Virat Kohli has stressed on the importance pf managing the workload of India's fast bowlers after the Test series win in Australia. "It's important to take care of these guys especially manage workloads, that's going to be our priority going forward. But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as fast as and as relentless as these guys."
India will play three ODIs against Australia starting Saturday. They will then travel to New Zealand for a five-ODI and three-T20I assignment from 23 January.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Cold Eid celebrations in Srinagar as restrictions return
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 15, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News