Jasprit Bumrah rested for India vs Australia ODIs
January 9, 2019
With just days to go for the India vs Australia ODI series, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to give India's main fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah a rest. He will also be rested for the upcoming tour of New Zealand.
Hyderabad pacer Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah, while Sidharth Kaul, who bowled well in the Indian Premier League will be included in the Indian T20I squad.
Bumrah ended the Test series as one of the two top wicket-takers along with Australian Nathan Lyon. The BCCI decision seems to have been taken with a view to rest Bumrah.
Keeping in mind the work load of the bowler, it was best felt to give him adequate rest ahead of the home series against Australia. Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah in the squad for the Australia and New Zealand tour. Punjab pacer Siddarth Kaul has also been drafted into the squad for the three-match T20I series against New Zealand. - Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
Just 12 months after he made his debut in Test matches, Bumrah has become India's main pacer in all three formats. The Indian attack made up of Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Ishant Sharma is being called India's best ever.
Captain Virat Kohli has stressed on the importance pf managing the workload of India's fast bowlers after the Test series win in Australia. "It's important to take care of these guys especially manage workloads, that's going to be our priority going forward. But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as fast as and as relentless as these guys."
India will play three ODIs against Australia starting Saturday. They will then travel to New Zealand for a five-ODI and three-T20I assignment from 23 January.
Watch in Sign Language
- Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
March 18, 2019
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
March 18, 2019
- New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
March 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Get-hooked March 12, 2019 Hyderabad-based center offers course in learning disabilities
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Female Special Police Officer in J&K shot dead by terrorists
- Headlines March 13, 2019 Will not ally with Congress anywhere, says Mayawati
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Events March 14, 2019 Annual Seminar on Inclusion & Accessibility of Deaf
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News