Jasprit Bumrah rested for India vs Australia ODIs
With just days to go for the India vs Australia ODI series, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to give India's main fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah a rest. He will also be rested for the upcoming tour of New Zealand.
Hyderabad pacer Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah, while Sidharth Kaul, who bowled well in the Indian Premier League will be included in the Indian T20I squad.
Bumrah ended the Test series as one of the two top wicket-takers along with Australian Nathan Lyon. The BCCI decision seems to have been taken with a view to rest Bumrah.
Keeping in mind the work load of the bowler, it was best felt to give him adequate rest ahead of the home series against Australia. Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah in the squad for the Australia and New Zealand tour. Punjab pacer Siddarth Kaul has also been drafted into the squad for the three-match T20I series against New Zealand. - Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
Just 12 months after he made his debut in Test matches, Bumrah has become India's main pacer in all three formats. The Indian attack made up of Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Ishant Sharma is being called India's best ever.
Captain Virat Kohli has stressed on the importance pf managing the workload of India's fast bowlers after the Test series win in Australia. "It's important to take care of these guys especially manage workloads, that's going to be our priority going forward. But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as fast as and as relentless as these guys."
India will play three ODIs against Australia starting Saturday. They will then travel to New Zealand for a five-ODI and three-T20I assignment from 23 January.
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
- Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
January 23, 2019
- 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 14, 2019
Headlines January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News