Jasprit Bumrah rested for India vs Australia ODIs
January 9, 2019
With just days to go for the India vs Australia ODI series, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to give India's main fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah a rest. He will also be rested for the upcoming tour of New Zealand.
Hyderabad pacer Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah, while Sidharth Kaul, who bowled well in the Indian Premier League will be included in the Indian T20I squad.
Bumrah ended the Test series as one of the two top wicket-takers along with Australian Nathan Lyon. The BCCI decision seems to have been taken with a view to rest Bumrah.
Keeping in mind the work load of the bowler, it was best felt to give him adequate rest ahead of the home series against Australia. Mohammed Siraj will replace Bumrah in the squad for the Australia and New Zealand tour. Punjab pacer Siddarth Kaul has also been drafted into the squad for the three-match T20I series against New Zealand. - Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
Just 12 months after he made his debut in Test matches, Bumrah has become India's main pacer in all three formats. The Indian attack made up of Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Ishant Sharma is being called India's best ever.
Captain Virat Kohli has stressed on the importance pf managing the workload of India's fast bowlers after the Test series win in Australia. "It's important to take care of these guys especially manage workloads, that's going to be our priority going forward. But even more so, finding three more guys who can bowl as fast as and as relentless as these guys."
India will play three ODIs against Australia starting Saturday. They will then travel to New Zealand for a five-ODI and three-T20I assignment from 23 January.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 #BeingMom – Celebrating my mother, Mrs Krishna Kumari – My Take by Aparna Murthy
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Accessibility May 13, 2019 Do more than reserve coaches, disabled community tell Indian Railways
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Events May 15, 2019 Sign Language Course
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 In a first, people with disabilities attend the famous Thrissur Pooram
- Events May 15, 2019 TCS 10k Run with Smileys & Run with Visually Impaired
- Accessibility May 14, 2019 Beyond Braille series brings to blind children a new visual language
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News