Filmmaker Rakesh Roshan diagnosed with cancer
January 9, 2019
Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan has revealed that his father Rakesh Roshan has been diagnosed with early stage throat cancer.
Hrithik Roshan shared the sad news about the health of Senior Roshan on social media. He shared a picture where both son and father can be seen in a gym smiling for the camera.
Hrithik also wrote, "Asked my dad for a picture this morning. Knew he wouldnt miss gym on surgery day. He is probably the strongest man I know. Got diagnosed with early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the throat a few weeks ago, but he is in full spirits today as he proceeds to battle it. As a family we are fortunate and blessed to have a leader like him. . Love you Dad."
Rakesh Roshan is a senior member of the Bollywood industry and has worked in movies as a producer, director, screenwriter, editor, actor and music director. He is known for movies such as Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai, Koi... Mil Gaya and the superhero Krrish film series. He has also appeared in more than 80 films in his acting career.
Sunaina Roshan, sister of Hrithik Roshan is also a cancer survivor as she was diagnosed with cervical cancer.
Last year Bollywood actors Irrfan Khan and Sonali Bendre Behl were also diagnosed with cancer and are currently undergoing treatments.
The news has shocked the fans of the actor and many took to social media to express their feelings.
Maliha Rehmanâ€ @MalihaRehman tweeted, "Sending out a prayer to #RakeshRoshan this morning who worked out with son #HrithikRoshan today before prepping for surgery for early throat cancer. I have seen cancer wreak havoc on… https://www.instagram.com/p/BsXBIFfA4wt/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1lb0u47mrb9m …"
B R I J W Aâ€ @BrijwaSRKman wrote,"Replying to @filmfare wishing a speedy recovery. hope to see you fine very very soon!"
ALSO READ: Poster for PM Narendra Modi's biopic is out
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News