Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
January 11, 2019
Starting this week, every Friday we will post a list of fun, accessible activities to do in your respective cities. We start with Mumbai.
Check out Raju Raja Ram aur Main , a Hindi play presented by Sharman Joshi Productions Mumbai. The play is revised version of popular Marathi play Sahi Re Sahi and the main role will be played by popular actor Sharman Joshi, who has acted in films like 3 Idiots.The play aims to raise funds for kids with disabilities. Click here for more details - here.
Get the feel of sand between your toes and some sea breeze at NGO Ummeed's annual fundraiser on 12 January, which is a 55Km Walk for UMMEED aimed at raising awareness. To know more about the event click here.
The popular Mitr Café is organising an event of fun and art. Called Mudras and Melodies at Mitr Cafe, this is on 13 January where young budding artists will present dance and music. For some more information about the event click here.
And finally do not miss the 27th edition of the New Delhi Book Fair, which ends this weekend. This has a special focus on readers with disabilities. There is also a film festival next door at the Pragati Maidan where films with a disability theme from around the world are being screened.
If you know of activities that are fun, stimulating and accessible in your city, do write to us at email@example.com.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Headlines March 15, 2019 U.S warns China for blocking action on terrorist Masood Azhar
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News