The Accidental Prime Minister releases today
A court at Muzaffarpur in Bihar had earlier ordered an First Investigation Report (FIR) against actor Anupam Kher and 13 others in connection with a petition filed by advocate Sudhir Ojha against Kher’s upcoming movie ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’.
But a bench of justices has now allowed the petitioner to withdraw the petition after the intervention of the Congress party. Even before the arguments could start, the petition was withdrawn from the court. The movie is now all set to hit theatres on 11 January.
The film is based on Sanjaya Baru’s book on former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Accidental Prime Minister is directed by debutant Vijay Ratnakar Gutte. Apart from Kher, the movie stars Akshay Khanna, Aahana Kumra and Suzanne Bernert in other prominent roles.
Two very strong performances make #AccidentalPrimeMinister a must see film. Akshaye Khanna and Anupam Kher. Anupam creates Manmohan Singh as a man who seems weak but carries great strength inside. Yet ultimately finds that principles and politics do not go together @AnupamPKher-Shekhar Kapur, Actor and Director
Punjab Sports Minister Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi’s son Anumit Singh had filed a PIL against the film without the knowledge of the Congress party. But members of the party had previously confirmed that they will not stop the screening of the movie. The Delhi High Court had already dismissed a plea seeking for a ban on the release of the movie.
Earlier, Ojha had filed the petition stating that the film allegedly damages images of some of the top leaders of Indian politics. There were mixed reactions on social media about the topic of the movie. Many social media users even pointed out that the movie is a mockery at former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“I didn't liked the concept of making #AccidentalPrimeMinister It doesn't matter how he became PM he is one of d mst educated & knowledgeable person among all politicians & mst importantly a good human being Showing our past PM as weak is nt applaudable it's a big insult of him”, tweeted Prince Raj.
We have to definitely wait and watch what is in store from ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’.
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
- Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
January 23, 2019
- 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 14, 2019
Headlines January 17, 2019
Headlines January 21, 2019
Headlines January 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News