The Accidental Prime Minister releases today
January 11, 2019
A court at Muzaffarpur in Bihar had earlier ordered an First Investigation Report (FIR) against actor Anupam Kher and 13 others in connection with a petition filed by advocate Sudhir Ojha against Kher's upcoming movie 'The Accidental Prime Minister'.
But a bench of justices has now allowed the petitioner to withdraw the petition after the intervention of the Congress party. Even before the arguments could start, the petition was withdrawn from the court. The movie is now all set to hit theatres on 11 January.
The film is based on Sanjaya Baru's book on former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Accidental Prime Minister is directed by debutant Vijay Ratnakar Gutte. Apart from Kher, the movie stars Akshay Khanna, Aahana Kumra and Suzanne Bernert in other prominent roles.
Two very strong performances make #AccidentalPrimeMinister a must see film. Akshaye Khanna and Anupam Kher. Anupam creates Manmohan Singh as a man who seems weak but carries great strength inside. Yet ultimately finds that principles and politics do not go together @AnupamPKher-Shekhar Kapur, Actor and Director
Punjab Sports Minister Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi's son Anumit Singh had filed a PIL against the film without the knowledge of the Congress party. But members of the party had previously confirmed that they will not stop the screening of the movie. The Delhi High Court had already dismissed a plea seeking for a ban on the release of the movie.
Earlier, Ojha had filed the petition stating that the film allegedly damages images of some of the top leaders of Indian politics. There were mixed reactions on social media about the topic of the movie. Many social media users even pointed out that the movie is a mockery at former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I didn't liked the concept of making #AccidentalPrimeMinister It doesn't matter how he became PM he is one of d mst educated & knowledgeable person among all politicians & mst importantly a good human being Showing our past PM as weak is nt applaudable it's a big insult of him", tweeted Prince Raj.
We have to definitely wait and watch what is in store from 'The Accidental Prime Minister'.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Get-hooked May 16, 2019 #BeingMom - What makes Nalini Srivastava such a power mom?
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Poll results today, NDA prepares for Term 2
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Events May 16, 2019 Na Main Na Hain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News