The Accidental Prime Minister releases today
January 11, 2019
A court at Muzaffarpur in Bihar had earlier ordered an First Investigation Report (FIR) against actor Anupam Kher and 13 others in connection with a petition filed by advocate Sudhir Ojha against Kher's upcoming movie 'The Accidental Prime Minister'.
But a bench of justices has now allowed the petitioner to withdraw the petition after the intervention of the Congress party. Even before the arguments could start, the petition was withdrawn from the court. The movie is now all set to hit theatres on 11 January.
The film is based on Sanjaya Baru's book on former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Accidental Prime Minister is directed by debutant Vijay Ratnakar Gutte. Apart from Kher, the movie stars Akshay Khanna, Aahana Kumra and Suzanne Bernert in other prominent roles.
Two very strong performances make #AccidentalPrimeMinister a must see film. Akshaye Khanna and Anupam Kher. Anupam creates Manmohan Singh as a man who seems weak but carries great strength inside. Yet ultimately finds that principles and politics do not go together @AnupamPKher-Shekhar Kapur, Actor and Director
Punjab Sports Minister Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi's son Anumit Singh had filed a PIL against the film without the knowledge of the Congress party. But members of the party had previously confirmed that they will not stop the screening of the movie. The Delhi High Court had already dismissed a plea seeking for a ban on the release of the movie.
Earlier, Ojha had filed the petition stating that the film allegedly damages images of some of the top leaders of Indian politics. There were mixed reactions on social media about the topic of the movie. Many social media users even pointed out that the movie is a mockery at former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"I didn't liked the concept of making #AccidentalPrimeMinister It doesn't matter how he became PM he is one of d mst educated & knowledgeable person among all politicians & mst importantly a good human being Showing our past PM as weak is nt applaudable it's a big insult of him", tweeted Prince Raj.
We have to definitely wait and watch what is in store from 'The Accidental Prime Minister'.
Watch in Sign Language
- BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
March 22, 2019
- Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
March 22, 2019
- Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Medical Council of India changes postgraduate admission rules only for students with locomotor disabilities
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Disabled boy's long fight for a village school pays off, Prime Minister Modi's office intervenes
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Headlines March 15, 2019 Boeing 737 MAX 8 banned by several countries after 2nd crash in 5 months
- Events March 20, 2019 Awareness Session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 16, 2019
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News