9th Hong Kong International Deaf Film Festival
The 9th Hong Kong International Deaf Film Festival (HKIDFF9) calls for submission of films for screening during the festival programme between 3-5 May 2019. To encourage Deaf, hard of hearing and Deaf-friendly hearing film makers to submit their works to HKIDFF.
Film(s) or video(s) that meet(s) any following criteria are welcomed: I. any film or video with sign language produced/ directed/ acted by the Deaf and/or Hard-of-hearing people ; II. any film or video portraying Deafhood/ the life of Deaf and/or Hard-of-hearing people ; III. any film or video that discusses Deaf issues (e.g. Audism; Surdophobia; Oralism; Manualism; Sign Bilingualism; cochlear implant and hearing aids usage; Deaf Community, Culture and History; Sign and Linguistic Genocide; Sign Interpretation; De’VIA; CODA) ; IV. any film that has had significant Deaf involvement
Films / short films made in the past or recent times will all be welcome. Please indicate if the films have been screened in other film festivals.
There is no limit on the length of each entry.Multiple submissions by single unit is welcomed, please note that each entry should be accompanied by one submission form. There is no limit on the number of submissions per unit. The HKIDFF regrets that entries will not be returned. Entity (e.g. by DVD or USB storage device) and online submission (e.g. by cloud drive) are both welcomed. Please submit the video with subtitle if applicable. (either in English, Chinese or Bilingual, with timecode) Audio is optional. Please send the subtitle file in Microsoft Excel format to HKIDFF9 on or before 28th February at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The HKIDFF9 reserves the rights not to screen films submitted. Due to budget constraints, the HKIDFF9 are not able to offer screening fee to film submissions.
- Starts on: Friday, 03 May 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 05 May 2019 at 05:00 PM
- City: Hong Kong
- Location: Hong Kong
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: 9th Hong Kong International Deaf Film Festival
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 16, 2019 Kumbh Mela 2019 begins in Prayagraj
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Headlines January 23, 2019 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News