Virat Kohli reacts to Hardik Pandya's sexist comments
January 12, 2019
Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli has spoken up about the controversy involving Hardik Pandya and K L Rahul, who made sexist comments on the TV talk show, Koffee with Karan.
Kohli said that cricketers don't agree with those views and these were individual players. At a press conference he said,
We as the Indian cricket team and responsible cricketers don't align with those views, those were individual opinions. We are still waiting for a decision to be made. From the Indian cricket team's point of view, this changes nothing in our beliefs in the change room, it does nothing to the spirit we have have been able to create. Combinations will have to be thought of once the decision comes out. - Virat Kohli, India cricket captain
Pandya's sexist comments has caused massive social media outrage and led the player to apologise. Pandya said he "got a bit carried away" while he talked about his exploits with women.
Pandya and Rahul are currently on India's tour of Australia. Indian cricket authorities have recommended a two-match ban for the players.
Pandya posted his apology on social media and said, "After reflecting on my comments on Koffee with Karan, I would like to apologise to everyone concerned who I may have hurt in any way. Honestly, I got a bit carried away with the nature of the show. In no way did I mean to disrespect or hurt anyone's sentiments. Respect."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News