Tributes pour in for deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth after historic win
January 13, 2019
Dhanush Srikanth is clearly the star in the ongoing Khelo India Youth Games 2019 in Pune, Maharashtra. Srikanth has become a sensation after winning the gold medal in rifle shooting.
16-year-old Srikanth, who is deaf, won a gold in under-21 air rifle shooting event. His performance in the final round awed everyone as he shot like a pro.
Srikanth has been trained by Neha Chavan of the 'Gun for Glory' shooting academy. He is from Telangana and is also a second degree Dan in taekwondo..The young player has won the hearts of sports lovers and have received praise from all corners.
Champion shooter was among those who praised him on social media.
Whats special about him is that he cannot hear or speak. Shooting sign language had to be specially developed with the coach to make him understand technicalities of shooting. He uses a Cochlear implant to give him a sense of sound. Amazing", said Narang.
Another awesome performance came from Avinash Yadav in the under-17 air rifle event. Avinash is from Madhya Pradesh and he beat the final score of Divyansh Singh of Rajasthan by 0.2 point.
Avinash's achievement is a major surprise as Divyansh Singh is all set to make it to the national team for the World Cup in New Delhi next month.
Divyansh had a lead throughout the event but in the finals, he could only reach to a score of 9.7 and was overshot by Avinash who scored a 10.4.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Get-hooked May 16, 2019 #BeingMom - What makes Nalini Srivastava such a power mom?
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Events May 16, 2019 Na Main Na Hain
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News