Dhoni becomes 5th Indian batsman to enter 10,000 runs club
January 14, 2019
India's MS Dhoni has become the fifth batsman to score 10,000 runs in one day cricket for India. 37 year old Dhoni, who was the former captain for the Indian team, had become the fastest wicketkeeper-batsman to score 10,000 runs in ODI cricket. He had scored 174 ODI runs in Asia X1 in the year 2007. This new achievement is yet another golden feather to his hat. The cricketer reached the new mark during a match with Australia at their home ground. Dhoni who has broken many records has a 10,173 runs in 50 over format matches to his credit.
Dhoni fans and well-wishers just could not hide their excitement after their favourite cricketer reached the legendary club.
Congratulations @msdhoni for completing 10000 odi runs playing for India. You scored a very good half century in #AUSvIND 1st ODI hope you will score a century on next one day. Thanks for this great contribution for indian cricket-Vahi Khatri
Apart from Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly had reached the 10,000 club from Indian cricket. Now, Dhoni has become the 12th player to reach the 10,000 club.
"The elite club welcomes MS Dhoni as he reaches the milestone of 10000....happy for that............#MSDhoni @msdhoni Never mind anyone words just play your game we are happy to see u playing for our nation....All the best", tweeted Naman D Jain.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News