'The Accidental Prime Minister' earns 7.50 crore in 2 days
January 14, 2019
'The Accidental Prime Minister', the biopic on the life of former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh is currently in theatres.
The controversial movie is a political drama with senior actor Anupam Kher playing the role of Dr Manmohan Singh. The film is based on a book written by Sanjaya Baru, who had served as the media advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The movie was facing objections from supporters and members of the Congress party even before release and the protests are still going on.
The screening had to be halted at a multiplex in Ludhiana and also in Kolkata after congress party workers protested against the film and violence occured.
Businesswise, the The Accidental Prime Minister is reported to have collected 7.50 crore since its release on Friday.
The performances of actors have been much liked but the movie has received mixed reviews for its content.
The earnings have been affected as the movie has clashed with the release of Uri: The Surgical Strike at the box office.
The movie is about the Surgical Strike made by Indian army against Pakistan. It stars Vicky Kaushal, Paresh Rawal, Mohit Raina and Yami Gautam in the lead roles and has made 20 crores in two days.
Here are some social media responses for 'The Accidental Prime Minister'.
Smita PrakashVerified account @smitaprakashtweeted," Saw #AccidentalPrimeMinister and felt very uneasy at the end of it. Just like after reading the book. I wish the book had never been written and the movie never been made. I don't want to remember the the 10 years of Dr Singh this way."
Divya DuttaVerified account @divyadutta25 wrote, "Watched #AccidentalPrimeMinister .the supremely gifted @AnupamPKher performs the toughest role with such elan..m speechless.respect sire and big hug! Loved the way you say http://sanjya.So real vulnerable n yet strong. And another brilliant performance by #akshaye khanna!"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News