'The Accidental Prime Minister' earns 7.50 crore in 2 days
January 14, 2019
'The Accidental Prime Minister', the biopic on the life of former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh is currently in theatres.
The controversial movie is a political drama with senior actor Anupam Kher playing the role of Dr Manmohan Singh. The film is based on a book written by Sanjaya Baru, who had served as the media advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The movie was facing objections from supporters and members of the Congress party even before release and the protests are still going on.
The screening had to be halted at a multiplex in Ludhiana and also in Kolkata after congress party workers protested against the film and violence occured.
Businesswise, the The Accidental Prime Minister is reported to have collected 7.50 crore since its release on Friday.
The performances of actors have been much liked but the movie has received mixed reviews for its content.
The earnings have been affected as the movie has clashed with the release of Uri: The Surgical Strike at the box office.
The movie is about the Surgical Strike made by Indian army against Pakistan. It stars Vicky Kaushal, Paresh Rawal, Mohit Raina and Yami Gautam in the lead roles and has made 20 crores in two days.
Here are some social media responses for 'The Accidental Prime Minister'.
Smita PrakashVerified account @smitaprakashtweeted," Saw #AccidentalPrimeMinister and felt very uneasy at the end of it. Just like after reading the book. I wish the book had never been written and the movie never been made. I don't want to remember the the 10 years of Dr Singh this way."
Divya DuttaVerified account @divyadutta25 wrote, "Watched #AccidentalPrimeMinister .the supremely gifted @AnupamPKher performs the toughest role with such elan..m speechless.respect sire and big hug! Loved the way you say http://sanjya.So real vulnerable n yet strong. And another brilliant performance by #akshaye khanna!"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News