Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
January 15, 2019
Gujarat is all set to become the first Indian state to implement 10% reservation for economically weaker sections of the general category. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Sunday said that this new reservation will be applicable to jobs for which announcement has already been made but procedures are just happening. The educational sector will also be included in the new bill.
Happy to state that the Government Of Gujarat has decided to implement 10% EWS reservation benefits from 14th January, 2019. It will be implemented in all ongoing recruitment process too wherein there is only Advertisement published but first stage of examination is yet to held-Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister of Gujarat
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind had given his assent to this new bill which came into implementation from 14 January 2019.
Other states in the country are also expected to follow suit very soon. This new act will amend article 15 and 16 of the constitution allowing state governments to implement the act with ease.
Now, people who belong to the general category and have an annual income of below Rs 8 lakh (combined with family), and holds agricultural land of below five acres can benefit from this bill.
Opposition parties claimed that implementing this bill hurriedly is only going to create more confusion in employment and education sectors. But this much awaited reservation was given thumbs up by people from across the country.
"The Gujarat Public Service Commission would procrastinate all the preliminary exams to be held on 20th January, 2019 and thereafter in the wake of implementation of EWS reservation. The @GPSC_OFFICIAL would release further details from time to time", tweeted Dinesh Dasa, Chairman, Gujarat Public Service Commission.
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Accessibility April 23, 2019 Chennai airport's new terminal to show a disabled-friendly, accessible face
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News