Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
January 15, 2019
Gujarat is all set to become the first Indian state to implement 10% reservation for economically weaker sections of the general category. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Sunday said that this new reservation will be applicable to jobs for which announcement has already been made but procedures are just happening. The educational sector will also be included in the new bill.
Happy to state that the Government Of Gujarat has decided to implement 10% EWS reservation benefits from 14th January, 2019. It will be implemented in all ongoing recruitment process too wherein there is only Advertisement published but first stage of examination is yet to held-Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister of Gujarat
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind had given his assent to this new bill which came into implementation from 14 January 2019.
Other states in the country are also expected to follow suit very soon. This new act will amend article 15 and 16 of the constitution allowing state governments to implement the act with ease.
Now, people who belong to the general category and have an annual income of below Rs 8 lakh (combined with family), and holds agricultural land of below five acres can benefit from this bill.
Opposition parties claimed that implementing this bill hurriedly is only going to create more confusion in employment and education sectors. But this much awaited reservation was given thumbs up by people from across the country.
"The Gujarat Public Service Commission would procrastinate all the preliminary exams to be held on 20th January, 2019 and thereafter in the wake of implementation of EWS reservation. The @GPSC_OFFICIAL would release further details from time to time", tweeted Dinesh Dasa, Chairman, Gujarat Public Service Commission.
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News