Hi Bhavna. I am a person with low vision. I am looking for a job and I want to know if I should reveal my disability in my resume or at the interview?
January 25, 2019
Name - Neha, Ahmedabad
Ans. Hi Neha, thank you for writing to us. I think the better approach is to state what disability you have in the resume and that you can do the role with certain accommodations. This way there are no surprises at the interview stage.
You can discuss what kind of accommodations you need like a screen magnifier or a screen reader etc. There are higher chances of a successful outcome. All the best to you.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News