Hi Bhavna. I am a person with low vision. I am looking for a job and I want to know if I should reveal my disability in my resume or at the interview?
January 25, 2019
Name - Neha, Ahmedabad
Ans. Hi Neha, thank you for writing to us. I think the better approach is to state what disability you have in the resume and that you can do the role with certain accommodations. This way there are no surprises at the interview stage.
You can discuss what kind of accommodations you need like a screen magnifier or a screen reader etc. There are higher chances of a successful outcome. All the best to you.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News