Hi Bhavna. I am a person with low vision. I am looking for a job and I want to know if I should reveal my disability in my resume or at the interview?
Name - Neha, Ahmedabad
Ans. Hi Neha, thank you for writing to us. I think the better approach is to state what disability you have in the resume and that you can do the role with certain accommodations. This way there are no surprises at the interview stage.
You can discuss what kind of accommodations you need like a screen magnifier or a screen reader etc. There are higher chances of a successful outcome. All the best to you.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019