Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
January 15, 2019
The Enabling unit and Equal Opportunity Cell of Hans Raj College in New Delhi is organizing an event dedicated to music and inclusion.
Called Mousiqi- Conquer the Mic, this claims to be a first-of-its kind for students with disabilities and wilp be held on 18 January at the college auditorium.
One of the highlights is an inter college Solo Light Music Competition for disabled students who wish to present their singing talents. They are some cash prizes and a responsive audience to look forward to. Students can sing the song an instrument or use karaoke. Definitely sounds like a lot of fun.
The guest of honor is Hemant Sharma, Founder, Yoga Artist Group. , who has trained visually impaired students in the practice of yoga. His group performs acrobatic yoga and has won widespread appreciation.
"It's my first big event in Hans Raj College, a college with complete equality of students, the gifted students are fully supported and respected by all. There is an inter college singing competition and a motivational speech so it will be an amazing event," said Minku Tiwari, a first year student at Hansraj.
Students are super excited as it is an opportunity for them to be a part of an extremely fun and inclusive event. For many students this will be a rare chance to sing before a live audience.
"Its the first event of my life under my complete responsibility. What I learned the most was taking responsibility and facing challenges. Just waiting to see the success of this event," says Rumpa Kayal, a third yearstudent.
Ankur Chaudhary, President, Equal Opportunity Cell, Hans Raj College, hopes this will become a regular event..
The enthusiastic participation and inspiration coming from visually impaired students along with the great support and encouragement of Dr Rama Sharma, Principal of Hans Raj College, Dr Neera Chopra and Dr Vandana Kumari will hopefully bring forth good results. We hope our work inspires more people. - Ankur Chaudhary, President, Equal Opportunity Cell, Hans Raj College
For more details of the event read: मौसिक़ी- Conquer the mic
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News