Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
The Enabling unit and Equal Opportunity Cell of Hans Raj College in New Delhi is organizing an event dedicated to music and inclusion.
Called Mousiqi- Conquer the Mic, this claims to be a first-of-its kind for students with disabilities and wilp be held on 18 January at the college auditorium.
One of the highlights is an inter college Solo Light Music Competition for disabled students who wish to present their singing talents. They are some cash prizes and a responsive audience to look forward to. Students can sing the song an instrument or use karaoke. Definitely sounds like a lot of fun.
The guest of honor is Hemant Sharma, Founder, Yoga Artist Group. , who has trained visually impaired students in the practice of yoga. His group performs acrobatic yoga and has won widespread appreciation.
“It's my first big event in Hans Raj College, a college with complete equality of students, the gifted students are fully supported and respected by all. There is an inter college singing competition and a motivational speech so it will be an amazing event,” said Minku Tiwari, a first year student at Hansraj.
Students are super excited as it is an opportunity for them to be a part of an extremely fun and inclusive event. For many students this will be a rare chance to sing before a live audience.
“Its the first event of my life under my complete responsibility. What I learned the most was taking responsibility and facing challenges. Just waiting to see the success of this event,” says Rumpa Kayal, a third yearstudent.
Ankur Chaudhary, President, Equal Opportunity Cell, Hans Raj College, hopes this will become a regular event..
The enthusiastic participation and inspiration coming from visually impaired students along with the great support and encouragement of Dr Rama Sharma, Principal of Hans Raj College, Dr Neera Chopra and Dr Vandana Kumari will hopefully bring forth good results. We hope our work inspires more people. - Ankur Chaudhary, President, Equal Opportunity Cell, Hans Raj College
For more details of the event read: मौसिक़ी- Conquer the mic
Watch in Sign Language
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News