Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
January 19, 2019
The national capital woke up to heavy fog on Friday morning disrupting normal life in the city and its outskirts. Many were cancelled and delayed. Some trains to and from New Delhi were also delayed. People were unable to go to work or drive on the roads because of extreme fog that covered all the prime locations of New Delhi including national highways.
The India Meteorological Department has said that the city will witness dense fog during the weekend as well. Places like Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya and Rajasthan will also be covered in fog.
#DelhiFog that's not the moon but the sun at 8 am. Lot of food today and loads of flights rescheduled and canceled. Cold comes back to bite Delhiites- Anisha Nayar Dhawan, Twitter User
On Friday morning at around 7 am, the visibility of Delhi airport was zero due to which many flights had to be cancelled. Passengers took to social media to express their anger over cancellation and delay of their flights. Some of them blamed authorities saying that they were not informed about the weather forecast before. Some passengers were seated in the flight which took almost three hours to take off prior to boarding.
"#DelhiFog sitting in @airindiain flight 263 since 5.30am at IGI airport. Just can't take off cos 'no can see'. Visibility below 75mts. All flights for the morning so far... grounded... at least 60flights in queue. Crew has been good but weather hasn't. #FogChalRahaHai", tweeted Anand Narasimhan, media personality.
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News