Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
Come February, Mumbai will play host to the Seventh Across Disability Matrimonial Get Together. The meet up will be held on 2 February at the Golden Leaf Banquet, in Malad West.
This gathering is organised by Voice Vision headed by Sushmeetha Bubna, under the project of the Basudeo Bubna Memorial Trust.
Meeting a partner for life is a wish that Voice vision has been fulfilling for people with disabilities for years. Many people assume that people are defined by their disabilities and cannot lead independent lives. The meet ups are breaking down barriers and such stereotypical notions.
People with disabilities and those without disabilities all are invited to attend the event. Match your Abilities rather than matching your disabilities is the belief behind the get together. The venue is accessible and a perfect place for prospective candidates and their families to interact and meet each other.
Candidates with disabilities from across the country can meet other people as per their preferences. Volunteers and escorts at the venue maintain the safety and privacy of participants. People with various types of disabilities from any gender, religion, caste, creed, community can take part in the get together. They can look for a match based on their qualifications, backgrounds, disability and most importantly personality.
Hundreds of people have participated in these matrimonial get togethers and many people have successfully found their partners.
Newz Hook spoke to Shubham Sharma, who found his life partner at this event last year.
I am very happy that I attended the event last year. I found my life partner through the matrimonial get together and got married in July 2018. I am extremely thank full to Sushmeetha madam and the team behind the event for making my life full of happiness. - Shubham Sharma, Nasik.
All the arrangements at the venue are systematic and made in a sensitive manner.
“The meet ups are a great opportunity for disabled people to meet each other and look for life partners. As a volunteer I have seen some very special bonds formed through the matrimonial get together. Disabled people can find love and happiness and change the mindset of the society," says Akshita Jain, a volunteer.
To know more about the event Click Here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019