Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
January 20, 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has shown great form in the one day international series against Australia, having scored a hat-trick of 50 runs.
In the last one day match in the series, Dhoni took India to a wonderful seven-wicket win at Melbourne. Dhoni scored an unbeaten 87 runs helping India record their first-ever bilateral series win in Australia.
Dhoni also became the fourth Indian to score 1,000 runs in the one day format in Australia. The others are Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.
At the Melbourne game, Dhoni needed 36 runs to reach this milestone. He achieved it and also helped India chase the 231 runs needed to win the mach and the series.
Dhoni has risen against odds and has shown he can still win a match for India. He was adjudged Man of the Series for his brilliant performances.
Speaking to the media, he said he was happy to bat at any position for India.
It is not about where you want to bat. I am happy to bat at any number and after playing for 14 years I can't say that I don't want to bat at number six and want to bat at four. - M S Dhoni, Former captain, India cricket team
There was high praise for Dhoni from everyone. "Now that is the performance of a champion. MS Dhoni is man of the series. Brilliant," said commentator Harsha Bhogle. Former Indian cricketer V V S Laxman tweeted, "Wonderful calm, composed innings from Dhoni and Kedar Jadhav playing a very important hand. So India do the double, win the test and the one-day series as well. This has been a very fruitful Australia tour for Team India."
India's next assignment will begin from 23 January, when they will take on New Zealand in the first of five-match ODI series.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News