Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
January 20, 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has shown great form in the one day international series against Australia, having scored a hat-trick of 50 runs.
In the last one day match in the series, Dhoni took India to a wonderful seven-wicket win at Melbourne. Dhoni scored an unbeaten 87 runs helping India record their first-ever bilateral series win in Australia.
Dhoni also became the fourth Indian to score 1,000 runs in the one day format in Australia. The others are Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.
At the Melbourne game, Dhoni needed 36 runs to reach this milestone. He achieved it and also helped India chase the 231 runs needed to win the mach and the series.
Dhoni has risen against odds and has shown he can still win a match for India. He was adjudged Man of the Series for his brilliant performances.
Speaking to the media, he said he was happy to bat at any position for India.
It is not about where you want to bat. I am happy to bat at any number and after playing for 14 years I can't say that I don't want to bat at number six and want to bat at four. - M S Dhoni, Former captain, India cricket team
There was high praise for Dhoni from everyone. "Now that is the performance of a champion. MS Dhoni is man of the series. Brilliant," said commentator Harsha Bhogle. Former Indian cricketer V V S Laxman tweeted, "Wonderful calm, composed innings from Dhoni and Kedar Jadhav playing a very important hand. So India do the double, win the test and the one-day series as well. This has been a very fruitful Australia tour for Team India."
India's next assignment will begin from 23 January, when they will take on New Zealand in the first of five-match ODI series.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News