PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
January 21, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai on Saturday.
While addressing the gathering at the event, PM Modi quoted a dialogue from the recently released movie 'Uri: The Surgical Strike'. He said "How's the Josh?" and several people from the audience responded by saying "High sir".
The inauguration of the museum was attended by several members of the Indian film industry such as Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut, A R Rahman, Parineeti Chopra, Divya Dutta, Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairman Prasoon Joshi and many more.
Film industry veterans such as actor Manoj Kumar, Asha Parekh, singer Asha Bhosle were also present.
PM Modi spoke about the contribution made by the Indian film industry towards the change in the society.
He also tweeted, "In addition to preservation, I hope this museum emerges as a centre of inspiration, where people get to see the more minute aspects of acting, production, film making and more. It will further endear the film world to the people."
Maharashtra Governor C V Rao, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore also accompanied PM Modi at the ceremony.
The speech made by the PM at the venue was much liked and lot of people took to twitter to share their joy.
Subhash GhaiVerified account @SubhashGhai1, wrote"CINEMA N ANIMATION UNIVERSITIES ARE THE NEED OF HOUR " Said our PM @narendramodi today In Mumbai while inaugurating #NATIONAL MUSEUM OF INDIAN CINEMA Attended by best of bests of Mumbai film industry n @Dev_Fadnavis It made be proud n humbled "
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Accessibility April 23, 2019 Chennai airport's new terminal to show a disabled-friendly, accessible face
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News