PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
January 21, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai on Saturday.
While addressing the gathering at the event, PM Modi quoted a dialogue from the recently released movie 'Uri: The Surgical Strike'. He said "How's the Josh?" and several people from the audience responded by saying "High sir".
The inauguration of the museum was attended by several members of the Indian film industry such as Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut, A R Rahman, Parineeti Chopra, Divya Dutta, Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairman Prasoon Joshi and many more.
Film industry veterans such as actor Manoj Kumar, Asha Parekh, singer Asha Bhosle were also present.
PM Modi spoke about the contribution made by the Indian film industry towards the change in the society.
He also tweeted, "In addition to preservation, I hope this museum emerges as a centre of inspiration, where people get to see the more minute aspects of acting, production, film making and more. It will further endear the film world to the people."
Maharashtra Governor C V Rao, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore also accompanied PM Modi at the ceremony.
The speech made by the PM at the venue was much liked and lot of people took to twitter to share their joy.
Subhash Ghaiâ€Verified account @SubhashGhai1, wrote"CINEMA N ANIMATION UNIVERSITIES ARE THE NEED OF HOUR " Said our PM â¦@narendramodiâ© â¦ today In Mumbai while inaugurating #NATIONAL MUSEUM OF INDIAN CINEMA Attended by best of bests of Mumbai film industry n â¦@Dev_Fadnavisâ© â¦ It made be proud n humbled "
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News