PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
January 21, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai on Saturday.
While addressing the gathering at the event, PM Modi quoted a dialogue from the recently released movie 'Uri: The Surgical Strike'. He said "How's the Josh?" and several people from the audience responded by saying "High sir".
The inauguration of the museum was attended by several members of the Indian film industry such as Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut, A R Rahman, Parineeti Chopra, Divya Dutta, Karan Johar and Rohit Shetty, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairman Prasoon Joshi and many more.
Film industry veterans such as actor Manoj Kumar, Asha Parekh, singer Asha Bhosle were also present.
PM Modi spoke about the contribution made by the Indian film industry towards the change in the society.
He also tweeted, "In addition to preservation, I hope this museum emerges as a centre of inspiration, where people get to see the more minute aspects of acting, production, film making and more. It will further endear the film world to the people."
Maharashtra Governor C V Rao, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore also accompanied PM Modi at the ceremony.
The speech made by the PM at the venue was much liked and lot of people took to twitter to share their joy.
Subhash Ghaiâ€Verified account @SubhashGhai1, wrote"CINEMA N ANIMATION UNIVERSITIES ARE THE NEED OF HOUR " Said our PM â¦@narendramodiâ© â¦ today In Mumbai while inaugurating #NATIONAL MUSEUM OF INDIAN CINEMA Attended by best of bests of Mumbai film industry n â¦@Dev_Fadnavisâ© â¦ It made be proud n humbled "
Watch in Sign Language
- Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
August 19, 2019
- Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
August 19, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 17, 2019
Headlines August 5, 2019
Headlines August 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News