Dhoni set to add another milestone
January 22, 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is on a roll with a brilliant performance in the recent one day series against Australia with three consecutive fifties to help India to a historic win in Melbourne. He was given the Man of the Series for his match-winning knocks.
Now in New Zealand, Dhoni has another major achievement to look forward to. When it comes to the list of leading run-getters for India in an ODI series in New Zealand, Dhoni stands behind Sachin Tendulkar, who has 652 runs in 18 matches and Virender Sehwag (598 in 12 matches). Dhoni requires 197 runs to overcame Tendulkar in order to add another milestone to his name.
Dhoni has come in for high praise from many former cricket greats, including Ian Chappell, who called him the "world's best finisher."
Australian coach Justin Langer praised Dhoni for his game.
He [Dhoni] is 37 years old. His running between the wickets is elite, and his fitness is elite. He is a superstar of the game and that's what Australians should be aspiring to be - superstars of the game. His record, everything speaks for itself as a captain, batsman, wicketkeeper. He is literally an all-time great of the game and it has been, as hard as it is to lose, a privilege to play against those guys. - Justin Langer, Australia cricket coach
The five-match ODI series between the two team begins in Napier on 23 January, followed by two more.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News