I had gone to Matheran with my family and got a room on the first floor. There were no lifts and since I use crutches it was very difficult for me to climb the stairs. Can you list down few hotels and places that are accessible for wheelchair users near Pune and Mumbai?
Name - Vishal, Mumbai
Ans. Dear Vishal - Thank you for writing to us. I suggest you go online and check hotel booking sites for places in these locations and see which ones are wheelchair accessible. You should also call and check with the hotel staff to ensure the accessible facilities for adequate for your needs. Remember to ask if they have rooms on the ground floor so you do not undergo such an experience again. All the best and safe travels.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019