PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
The gifts that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has received as the leader of the country will be used by the government for cleaning up of river Ganga.
As per reports, around 1900gifts and mementos received by PM Narendra Modi will be auctioned and the funds collected from the bidding will be used for the river Ganga cleaning project- Namami Gange Mission.
These items include paintings, sculptures, shawls, jackets, head gears, turbans, traditional musical instruments and more. The physical auction of these things will take place at the National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi on 27 January and 28 January.
Afterwards, the remaining items will be up bidding in an e-auction that will take place from 29 January to January 30.
The website for the e-auction featuring the gifts is expected to go live soon.
The gifts received by Prime Minister Narendra Modi have been put up on a display at the National Gallery of Modern Art which operates under the Ministry of Culture. People can visit the gallery and take a look at the items.
People have mixed reactions to the announcement made by the government.
Arpo Ghosh @arpo_ghosh tweeted,"Replying to @TheQuint What happened to the initial fund that was allotted for cleaning Ganga?"
N. Sukumar @sukumarfineart wrote,"Replying to @ThePrintIndia because all the money appropriated for the Namami Gange mission have been spent on publicity instead."
Indian first @Mungphali1 tweeted, "Replying to @TimesNow I was pleasantly surprised to find that Modi has been doing it since he was a Chief minister in Gujarat. The "Accidental" ones, however, have always taken it home. By the way it is the protocol to auction it. And not to claim it."
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Blood disorders no grounds to exclude disabled aspirants from studying medicine, argues petition
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News