PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
The gifts that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has received as the leader of the country will be used by the government for cleaning up of river Ganga.
As per reports, around 1900gifts and mementos received by PM Narendra Modi will be auctioned and the funds collected from the bidding will be used for the river Ganga cleaning project- Namami Gange Mission.
These items include paintings, sculptures, shawls, jackets, head gears, turbans, traditional musical instruments and more. The physical auction of these things will take place at the National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi on 27 January and 28 January.
Afterwards, the remaining items will be up bidding in an e-auction that will take place from 29 January to January 30.
The website for the e-auction featuring the gifts is expected to go live soon.
The gifts received by Prime Minister Narendra Modi have been put up on a display at the National Gallery of Modern Art which operates under the Ministry of Culture. People can visit the gallery and take a look at the items.
People have mixed reactions to the announcement made by the government.
Arpo Ghosh @arpo_ghosh tweeted,"Replying to @TheQuint What happened to the initial fund that was allotted for cleaning Ganga?"
N. Sukumar @sukumarfineart wrote,"Replying to @ThePrintIndia because all the money appropriated for the Namami Gange mission have been spent on publicity instead."
Indian first @Mungphali1 tweeted, "Replying to @TimesNow I was pleasantly surprised to find that Modi has been doing it since he was a Chief minister in Gujarat. The "Accidental" ones, however, have always taken it home. By the way it is the protocol to auction it. And not to claim it."
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News