PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
January 23, 2019
The gifts that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has received as the leader of the country will be used by the government for cleaning up of river Ganga.
As per reports, around 1900gifts and mementos received by PM Narendra Modi will be auctioned and the funds collected from the bidding will be used for the river Ganga cleaning project- Namami Gange Mission.
These items include paintings, sculptures, shawls, jackets, head gears, turbans, traditional musical instruments and more. The physical auction of these things will take place at the National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi on 27 January and 28 January.
Afterwards, the remaining items will be up bidding in an e-auction that will take place from 29 January to January 30.
The website for the e-auction featuring the gifts is expected to go live soon.
The gifts received by Prime Minister Narendra Modi have been put up on a display at the National Gallery of Modern Art which operates under the Ministry of Culture. People can visit the gallery and take a look at the items.
People have mixed reactions to the announcement made by the government.
Arpo Ghoshâ€ @arpo_ghosh tweeted,"Replying to @TheQuint What happened to the initial fund that was allotted for cleaning Ganga?"
N. Sukumarâ€ @sukumarfineart wrote,"Replying to @ThePrintIndia because all the money appropriated for the Namami Gange mission have been spent on publicity instead."
Indian firstâ€ @Mungphali1 tweeted, "Replying to @TimesNow I was pleasantly surprised to find that Modi has been doing it since he was a Chief minister in Gujarat. The "Accidental" ones, however, have always taken it home. By the way it is the protocol to auction it. And not to claim it."
Watch in Sign Language
- Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
July 16, 2019
- Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
July 16, 2019
- Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
July 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Tamil Nadu government fails to introduce special courts, groups demands speedy action
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Accessibility July 9, 2019 Countless appeals pay off, East Delhi temple builds ramps to enable access
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 "I choose to focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t" - My Take by Rushabh Desai
- Headlines July 9, 2019 Dhoni refers to retirement rumours
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
- Headlines July 9, 2019 India vs New Zealand semifinal match today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News