India wins 1st one day against New Zealand
January 24, 2019
India has own the first One day International match against New Zealand in a five match series.
The match was played yesterday in Napier and India beat the rivals by a huge margin of 8 wickets.
The toss was won by New Zealand and they decided to bat.
New Zealand had set the target of 157 runs and the Indian team managed to reach that with ease with 85 balls remaining. Captain Virat Kohli made 45 runs off 59 balls and then his wicket was taken down. Shikhar Dhawan played a strong game and made 75 runs off 103 balls and was not out till the match ended.
Kuldeep Yadav took 4 wickets, Mohamad Shami took 3 while Yuzvendra Chahal took 2 wickets and Kedar Jadhav outed one. Mohammed Shami was awarded Man of the Match.
New Zealand played the first game a little carelessly but the team is known to bounce back and play better in subsequent games.
The second ODI will be played at Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui on Saturday, 26 January.
Indian team has been consistent in their performance and cricket fans are loving it.
عاقب علی @aaqibann wrote, "Replying to @ICC India is really a strong team, good bowling, batting and fielding side. Earlier India had a strong batting line but bowling always let them down now they have more strong bowling line than batting. #INDvsNZ"
ICCVerified account @ICC wrote,"For his brilliant figures of 3/19, Mohammed Shami is named the Player of the Match. #NZvIND"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News