Piyush Goyal takes charge of finance
January 24, 2019
The charge of Finance Ministry has been handed over to Union Railways Minister Piyush Goyal. This has been done on a temporary bases as Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is currently in the US where he is undergoing medical check-up.
In his absence, Piyush Goyal has been given the charge of Finance and Corporate Affairs ministries. This has been done because the interim budget will be presented on 1 February and Arun Jaitley will not be in the country at the time.
Last year too, Piyush Goyal had taken up the responsibility of Finance and Corporate affairs ministry when Jaitley took a three month break for a kidney transplant surgery.
Considering the upcoming general elections, it is expected that the budget will be people centric. As per some reports, the government is planning to increase the income tax exemption limit.
Some welfare and income increasing schemes for farmers may also be announced. The budget is not full and is interim which will be effective for a few months till the new government makes the budget after elections.
The Union Budget which was normally presented on the last working day of February has been presented on 1 February from 2017 when Jaitley changed the tradition. Here are few responses of social media users to the change in portfolios.
Arun Naik @arunbnaiktweeted,"Congratulations @PiyushGoyal on being the Finance Minister of India. May India benefit from your knowledge and capabilities. All the best #PiyushGoyal"
Satish Kumar @SatishK78494543wrote,"Replying to @ZeeNews Sir,Piyush Goyalji ,is a CA ,must continue as Finance Minister,even after 2019 in the Modiji's new Cabinet."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News