Piyush Goyal takes charge of finance
January 24, 2019
The charge of Finance Ministry has been handed over to Union Railways Minister Piyush Goyal. This has been done on a temporary bases as Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is currently in the US where he is undergoing medical check-up.
In his absence, Piyush Goyal has been given the charge of Finance and Corporate Affairs ministries. This has been done because the interim budget will be presented on 1 February and Arun Jaitley will not be in the country at the time.
Last year too, Piyush Goyal had taken up the responsibility of Finance and Corporate affairs ministry when Jaitley took a three month break for a kidney transplant surgery.
Considering the upcoming general elections, it is expected that the budget will be people centric. As per some reports, the government is planning to increase the income tax exemption limit.
Some welfare and income increasing schemes for farmers may also be announced. The budget is not full and is interim which will be effective for a few months till the new government makes the budget after elections.
The Union Budget which was normally presented on the last working day of February has been presented on 1 February from 2017 when Jaitley changed the tradition. Here are few responses of social media users to the change in portfolios.
Arun Naik @arunbnaiktweeted,"Congratulations @PiyushGoyal on being the Finance Minister of India. May India benefit from your knowledge and capabilities. All the best #PiyushGoyal"
Satish Kumar @SatishK78494543wrote,"Replying to @ZeeNews Sir,Piyush Goyalji ,is a CA ,must continue as Finance Minister,even after 2019 in the Modiji's new Cabinet."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News