Court refuses to stay release of 'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi'
Kangana Ranaut’s movie 'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi' is coming out today, as Bombay High Court has rejected a plea seeking a stay on its release.
The court has rejected a petition that was filed by a lawyer asking the court to put a ban on the release of the film. The lawyer named Vivek Tambe had claimed that he is the fifth generation descendant of Rani Lakshmi Bai.
In his petition, Vivek Tambe had said that the makers had depicted some historical facts related to Rani Lakshmi Bai incorrectly.
He claims that Rani Lakshmi Bai was born in the year 1835 while the movie shows the birth year to be 1828. He also raised objections to a scene in the film that showed that the Indian queen had suffered a miscarriage.
Responding to the petition in court, the makers said that the birth year of Rani Lakshmi Bai has been provided by historians and there is no miscarriage related scene in the movie.
The court heard the arguments and declined to stay the release of the film. This is a huge relief for the makers as the movie is all set to hit the theatres today.
Fans of Kangana are happy and excited about the movie.
Shruti @proud_2beIndian tweeted,”Booked tickets4dis weekend I usually decide after 1week of release2go for any movie or not. 1st time Im excited2watch a movie asearly as possible.Y nt,when dis film is al abt my IDEAL WOMAN #JhansiLakshmiBai That too played by #KanganaRanaut #ManikarnikaReview #Manikarnika”
Vivek Mishra @yogavivekm wrote,” Dear all manikarnika team I would like to give all my best wishes for tomorrow's release .it was a great privilege to be associated with this team some unexpected cuts are done though but… "
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019