Court refuses to stay release of 'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi'
January 25, 2019
Kangana Ranaut's movie 'Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi' is coming out today, as Bombay High Court has rejected a plea seeking a stay on its release.
The court has rejected a petition that was filed by a lawyer asking the court to put a ban on the release of the film. The lawyer named Vivek Tambe had claimed that he is the fifth generation descendant of Rani Lakshmi Bai.
In his petition, Vivek Tambe had said that the makers had depicted some historical facts related to Rani Lakshmi Bai incorrectly.
He claims that Rani Lakshmi Bai was born in the year 1835 while the movie shows the birth year to be 1828. He also raised objections to a scene in the film that showed that the Indian queen had suffered a miscarriage.
Responding to the petition in court, the makers said that the birth year of Rani Lakshmi Bai has been provided by historians and there is no miscarriage related scene in the movie.
The court heard the arguments and declined to stay the release of the film. This is a huge relief for the makers as the movie is all set to hit the theatres today.
Fans of Kangana are happy and excited about the movie.
Shrutiâ€ @proud_2beIndian tweeted,"Booked tickets4dis weekend I usually decide after 1week of release2go for any movie or not. 1st time Im excited2watch a movie asearly as possible.Y nt,when dis film is al abt my IDEAL WOMAN #JhansiLakshmiBai That too played by #KanganaRanaut #ManikarnikaReview #Manikarnika"
Vivek Mishraâ€ @yogavivekm wrote," Dear all manikarnika team I would like to give all my best wishes for tomorrow's release .it was a great privilege to be associated with this team some unexpected cuts are done though but… "
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Events July 11, 2019 Cell Therapy: A Unique Approach at Treating Cerebral Palsy & GDD
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News