2 terrorists planning attacks in Delhi arrested
January 26, 2019
The Special Cell of Delhi police has arrested two men who are suspected to be terrorists belonging to the Jaish-e-Mohammad-JeM terror group.
The police has released the names of the two men and they are Abdul Latif Ganaie and Hilal Ahmad Bhat. They have been arrested from Delhi and Jammu & Kashmir.
As per reports, the terrorists were planning to carry out terror attacks in the capital during the Republic Day celebrations.
The terrorists had plans to strike at seven places in New Delhi including the Jama Masjid, India Gate, Rajpath and crowded places such as the Lajpat Nagar and Palika Bazar markets.
They were also targeting a gas pipeline that passes through Wazirabad area in North Delhi.
The police recovered a semi-automatic pistol, 26 cartridges and three "rubber stamps" from 29 year old Abdul Latif Ganaie who has been arrested in Delhi. He is accused of being the "mastermind" behind a series of grenade attacks in various parts of Jammu & Kashmir recently.
The police has been able to get more information about the terror group and a Pakistani handler from the interrogation of Ganaie.
The arrests have been lauded by social media users.
Ltgen AK Choudhary. @Ltgen_Ashok tweeted, "Replying to @republic Social Media keeps criticising the Delhi Police on many counts, but I hardly see any word of praises for their excellent professional work in the field of effective Intelligence through a coordinated Int Network. Let's compliment them for their good work. Well done Delhi Police!
Baloch Analyst @faislaajoe Replying to @republic "Pakistan is planing to carry out massive scale of terrorist activities.. India need to announce a long term policy to end Pakistan backed terrorism.."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News