Manikarnika's release hit by controversy
One day after Kangana Ranaut's latest film, Manikarnika released in theatres, it has been hit by controversy. Director Krish, who originally shot the Rani Laxmibai film before leaving in between has opened up about why he walked away.
Speaking to a website, Krish said the film changed under Ranaut's direction and she later shot the film again in a big way. Krish also said that the roles of the other actors was drastically cut down.
In an interview, however, Ranaut said that most of the film has been shot by her with only 30% of the action sequences shot by Krish. "The remaining 70% of film was shot by me,” she told a newspaper.
The role of Sonu Sood also became a matter of controversy as it was apparently cut down by Kangana. Krish says that Ranaut's insistence on cutting down on Sood's role led to arguments.
Meanwhile Manikarnika's opening day at the box office was dull, with an earning of Rs 8.75 crore. The other release of the week, Thackeray, earned Rs 6 crore, with its Marathi version bringing in big bucks.
#Manikarnika picked up towards evening, after an ordinary/dull start in morning... #RepublicDay holiday should witness a big turnaround... Sure, there’s appreciation, but it has to convert into footfalls. - TAran Adarsh, Film critic
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Headlines February 14, 2019
Headlines February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019