Nitin Gadkari's remark seen as targeted at PM Modi
January 29, 2019
Union minister Nitin Gadkari has been making headlines of late for comments that are seen to be hidden messages for the BJP leadership. His most recent one, made on the weekend, has made the Opposition very happy.
At a meeting with the media in Mumbai, Gadkari said,
Political leaders are fond of spinning dreams, but if they cannot deliver it, they may take a beating from the people. So promise only what is possible. I'm not one of those who spin dreams. Whatever I say is with 100% authority. - Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister
His words were immediately picked up by the Congress and Asaduddin Owaisi, who declared that Gadkari's message was for Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In a tweet, Owaisi said, "@PMOIndia sir @nitin_gadkari is showing you the mirror, and in a very subtle way".
"Union minister Nitin Gadkari has launched an attack on PM Narendra Modi... Modi ji, the The people are coming," tweeted the Madhya Pradesh Congress.
After the BJP's recent setback in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh, Gadkari had said, "Leadership should have the vrutti (tendency) to own up the defeat and failures. Loyalty of the leadership towards the organization will not be proved till the time it owns up responsibility for defeat".
He later alleged that a section of the opposition and the media were trying to "drive a wedge" between him and the party leadership.
He also dismissed rumours about him replacing PM Modi.
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News