Rahul Gandhi promises minimum income for poor
January 29, 2019
Political parties have started wooing the voters before the upcoming general elections with promises and schemes. Congress party President Rahul Gandhi has also made a major announcement during his visit to Chhattisgarh on Monday.
Rahul has announced that all the poor people across the country will be given a minimum income if Congress party comes to power.
Rahul said that the Congress party is committed to a 'Minimum Income Guarantee' for every poor person in India to ensure that hunger and poverty are eradicated. This distribution of income will be based on the social security system that is used in the USA.
We cannot build a new India while millions of our brothers & sisters suffer the scourge of poverty. If voted to power in 2019, the Congress is committed to a Minimum Income Guarantee for every poor person, to help eradicate poverty & hunger. Rahul tweeted.
The announcement is being seen as a response to the recent considerations of the BJP led government to make cash payment to farmers instead of offering subsidies.
Congress is leaving no stone unturned for the 2019 general elections. Recently Rahul's sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was inducted into active politics from eastern Uttar Pradesh. Congress has had a good run in the last year's assembly elections in five states and is hopeful of making impact in the general elections as well.
The announcement has received mixed response from social media users.
Sanjay K Nemaâ€ @SanjayKNema2tweeted," Replying to @INCIndia @RahulGandhi Rahul has to clear this statement from who's pocket he will give this amount... if we taxpayers than I'll say no to congress"
RJâ€ @RishiJain_74wrote,"Replying to @INCIndia @RahulGandhi Lies and only lies. Rs.500/- to Rs. 1000/- per person won't be sufficient for minimum guaranteed Income for anyone. Congress doesn't have any plan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 19, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Heavy rain alert in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Odisha
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Employment July 19, 2019 Hatti Kaapi's coffee cups bring cheer for many reasons
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News