Rahul Gandhi promises minimum income for poor
Political parties have started wooing the voters before the upcoming general elections with promises and schemes. Congress party President Rahul Gandhi has also made a major announcement during his visit to Chhattisgarh on Monday.
Rahul has announced that all the poor people across the country will be given a minimum income if Congress party comes to power.
Rahul said that the Congress party is committed to a ‘Minimum Income Guarantee’ for every poor person in India to ensure that hunger and poverty are eradicated. This distribution of income will be based on the social security system that is used in the USA.
We cannot build a new India while millions of our brothers & sisters suffer the scourge of poverty. If voted to power in 2019, the Congress is committed to a Minimum Income Guarantee for every poor person, to help eradicate poverty & hunger. Rahul tweeted.
The announcement is being seen as a response to the recent considerations of the BJP led government to make cash payment to farmers instead of offering subsidies.
Congress is leaving no stone unturned for the 2019 general elections. Recently Rahul’s sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was inducted into active politics from eastern Uttar Pradesh. Congress has had a good run in the last year’s assembly elections in five states and is hopeful of making impact in the general elections as well.
The announcement has received mixed response from social media users.
Sanjay K Nema @SanjayKNema2tweeted,” Replying to @INCIndia @RahulGandhi Rahul has to clear this statement from who’s pocket he will give this amount... if we taxpayers than I’ll say no to congress”
RJ @RishiJain_74wrote,”Replying to @INCIndia @RahulGandhi Lies and only lies. Rs.500/- to Rs. 1000/- per person won't be sufficient for minimum guaranteed Income for anyone. Congress doesn't have any plan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Headlines February 13, 2019
Headlines February 5, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019