Rahul Gandhi promises minimum income for poor
January 29, 2019
Political parties have started wooing the voters before the upcoming general elections with promises and schemes. Congress party President Rahul Gandhi has also made a major announcement during his visit to Chhattisgarh on Monday.
Rahul has announced that all the poor people across the country will be given a minimum income if Congress party comes to power.
Rahul said that the Congress party is committed to a 'Minimum Income Guarantee' for every poor person in India to ensure that hunger and poverty are eradicated. This distribution of income will be based on the social security system that is used in the USA.
We cannot build a new India while millions of our brothers & sisters suffer the scourge of poverty. If voted to power in 2019, the Congress is committed to a Minimum Income Guarantee for every poor person, to help eradicate poverty & hunger. Rahul tweeted.
The announcement is being seen as a response to the recent considerations of the BJP led government to make cash payment to farmers instead of offering subsidies.
Congress is leaving no stone unturned for the 2019 general elections. Recently Rahul's sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was inducted into active politics from eastern Uttar Pradesh. Congress has had a good run in the last year's assembly elections in five states and is hopeful of making impact in the general elections as well.
The announcement has received mixed response from social media users.
Sanjay K Nema @SanjayKNema2tweeted," Replying to @INCIndia @RahulGandhi Rahul has to clear this statement from who's pocket he will give this amount... if we taxpayers than I'll say no to congress"
RJ @RishiJain_74wrote,"Replying to @INCIndia @RahulGandhi Lies and only lies. Rs.500/- to Rs. 1000/- per person won't be sufficient for minimum guaranteed Income for anyone. Congress doesn't have any plan.
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress spokesperson attacks her party
April 19, 2019
- Second voting phase-Key points
April 19, 2019
- ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News