The Learning Factory, A Puppet Play In English
Trinayani welcomes you to a whole new experience of puppetry. We invite you to our event "The Learning Factory", a puppet musical, at the #KalaGhodaArtsFestival 2019.
As an art form, Puppetry has an universal appeal. This show is a creative adaptation of George Reavis's "The Animal School". The play tells the story of animals in a forest who decide to create a school with the same rules for all students. In the course of running it, however, they realize that such a system will not work and that they need to play to each student's strengths rather than trying to fit them into pre-conceived and fixed categories.
This 50-minute play is strung together with seven original songs written to popular tunes. A question and answer session after the play will complete the experience.
A special call to teachers & academicians: Over the past few years, with the enforcement of the Right to Education (RTE) law, there has been much emphasis on including students with disabilities and specific learning needs in the mainstream education system. This push is seldom accompanied by teaching students about what 'inclusion' means and how it can be practiced. This show is a hearty step in stirring that conversation with an eye on inclusive education.
Please be seated by 6.45 pm to enable us to begin the show on time.
Seat availability is on FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
- Starts on: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2019 at 07:00 PM
- Ends on: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2019 at 08:00 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: MC Ghia Hall, Kala Ghoda, Fort
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: No
- Organizer Name: Trinayani
- Organizer Phone: 022 2869 7390
- Organizer Website: http://trinayani.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News