Men’s & Women's T20 World Cup 2020 fixtures announced
January 30, 2019
The International Cricket Council- ICC has made some major announcements regarding the upcoming men's and women's T20 World Cup 2020.
For the first time ever the men's and women's T20 World Cup will be played in the same year and in the same country- Australia.
As per reports, the men's team from India is in Group 2, which includes other teams from England, South Africa, Afghanistan and two qualifiers.
Indian men will start off their world cup participation with a match against South Africa while the women's team will be facing defending champions and hosts Australia.
The Indian women team is in Group A along with teams from Australia, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Qualifier 1.
The final matches for both men's and women's World Cup are to be played in Melbourne Cricket Ground which one of the biggest stadiums in the world.
The men's T20 World Cup 2020 will be played from 18 October to 15 November in 2020. The women's T20 World Cup tournament will be held from 21 February to 8 March 2020. 23 matches will be played by ten women's teams.
Cricket fans have started speculating about the T20 World Cup in 2020 and sharing thoughts on social media. Since arch rivals India and Pakistan are in separate groups, fans are excited to see the outcome of the contest.
Sunit JANGIRâ€ @sunitjangir5tweeted, "Sensible decision taken by @ICC not to include India and Pakistan in same group for both Men's and Women's tournament. Both country's people now can enjoy the matches rather than being worried. #T20WorldCup2020 #T20WorldCup #ICC"
Aditya Sahaâ€ @adityakumar480 wrote. "Replying to @T20WorldCup After really long time #India and #Pakistan are in two different Groups in an @ICC Tournament. #T20WorldCup #T20 #T20WorldCup2020"
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News