Court grants Karti Chidambaram permission to leave India
January 31, 2019
Karti Chidambaram, India's former Finance Minister's son has been under the scanner in the Aircel-Maxis case. He was even banned by the Supreme Court of India from travelling to abroad locations. On Wednesday, the top court granted Karti the permission to travel abroad and said that the court will take measures if he does not cooperate with the investigation. The court also told him to not play around with the law. This was after Karti requesting the court to travel to Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and France to attend a tennis tournament.
Supreme Court has a time to appeal in God's court for #KartiChidambaram 's #LootoIndia policy but has no time to hear #ShriRamMandir. What a misuse of democracy and democratic institutions by corrupts to enjoy corrupton and Money. This is corrupt Congress culture, drowned #SC- Arun Pandey, Twitter user
Till date, Karti has been uncooperative with the investigations. He faced heavy criticism from the court for that. Now, he is required to be present before the enforcement Directorate on the first week of March.
Karti along with his father P Chidambaram are accused number 1 and 2 in the case which is being investigated jointly by the Central Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement directorate. The Supreme Court has asked him to deposit Rs 10 crore as security before travelling.
"SC allows #KartiChidambaram to travel abroad for tennis tournos. Asks him to co-operate with ED probe and deposit 10 cr as security. ED wants him on 4 days in March @the_hindu @abaruah64", tweeted Krishnadas Rajagopal, a Twitter user.
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
- Events April 24, 2019 5th International Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Conference & WheelChair Games 2019
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News