Court grants Karti Chidambaram permission to leave India
January 31, 2019
Karti Chidambaram, India's former Finance Minister's son has been under the scanner in the Aircel-Maxis case. He was even banned by the Supreme Court of India from travelling to abroad locations. On Wednesday, the top court granted Karti the permission to travel abroad and said that the court will take measures if he does not cooperate with the investigation. The court also told him to not play around with the law. This was after Karti requesting the court to travel to Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and France to attend a tennis tournament.
Supreme Court has a time to appeal in God's court for #KartiChidambaram 's #LootoIndia policy but has no time to hear #ShriRamMandir. What a misuse of democracy and democratic institutions by corrupts to enjoy corrupton and Money. This is corrupt Congress culture, drowned #SC- Arun Pandey, Twitter user
Till date, Karti has been uncooperative with the investigations. He faced heavy criticism from the court for that. Now, he is required to be present before the enforcement Directorate on the first week of March.
Karti along with his father P Chidambaram are accused number 1 and 2 in the case which is being investigated jointly by the Central Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement directorate. The Supreme Court has asked him to deposit Rs 10 crore as security before travelling.
"SC allows #KartiChidambaram to travel abroad for tennis tournos. Asks him to co-operate with ED probe and deposit 10 cr as security. ED wants him on 4 days in March @the_hindu @abaruah64", tweeted Krishnadas Rajagopal, a Twitter user.
Watch in Sign Language
- Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
June 17, 2019
- Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
June 17, 2019
- More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
June 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News