OffBeat Carnival brings Sound Healing through Gongs
The pressures of life and daily living can lead to health issues and it is important to de-stress to re-boot the mind and heal the strains of the daily stresses.
One very effective method that can be used to heal body and mind is Gong Meditation, a concept that utilizes the power of sounds or frequencies to tune out the negativity within us.
Sound Therapy has been found to be effective in many health conditions like
• Recovery from physical injuries
• Stress removal
Bringing these benefits to the public is OffBeat Carnival, which has been organizing sessions, which have been much liked by the participants. The best news is that these sessions are inclusive.
Their upcoming event in Delhi is an introductory workshop to sound healing through gongs. The session will be used to inform participants about the science behind sound vibration healing. There will be certified trainers present to guide participants.
Rakshit Malik, a student at St. Stephen’s College in Delhi University, attended a session last year.
It was amazing to see how music, in its most mundane manifestation of sound, could be employed to relax the body, soothe the mind and calm the soul. As I was exposed to a range of sounds, each unique and emanating from a different instrument at a different instant, I experienced a blissful exit from worldliness and sought contentment in the momentary trance. - Rakshit Malik, President Enabling Unit, St. Stephen’s College
Dr Shruti Jain, a spiritual healer and psychologist, believes the sessions energize the heart. "The gong bath energized my heart center beautifully and it was a wonderful healing experience".
The gongs used for the sessions are symbolic of the planets of the solar system and produce a specific frequency. These frequencies heal the body and mind.
To know more about the workshop Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News