OffBeat Carnival brings Sound Healing through Gongs
January 31, 2019
The pressures of life and daily living can lead to health issues and it is important to de-stress to re-boot the mind and heal the strains of the daily stresses.
One very effective method that can be used to heal body and mind is Gong Meditation, a concept that utilizes the power of sounds or frequencies to tune out the negativity within us.
Sound Therapy has been found to be effective in many health conditions like
- Recovery from physical injuries
- Stress removal
Bringing these benefits to the public is OffBeat Carnival, which has been organizing sessions, which have been much liked by the participants. The best news is that these sessions are inclusive.
Their upcoming event in Delhi is an introductory workshop to sound healing through gongs. The session will be used to inform participants about the science behind sound vibration healing. There will be certified trainers present to guide participants.
Rakshit Malik, a student at St. Stephen's College in Delhi University, attended a session last year.
It was amazing to see how music, in its most mundane manifestation of sound, could be employed to relax the body, soothe the mind and calm the soul. As I was exposed to a range of sounds, each unique and emanating from a different instrument at a different instant, I experienced a blissful exit from worldliness and sought contentment in the momentary trance. - Rakshit Malik, President Enabling Unit, St. Stephen's College
Dr Shruti Jain, a spiritual healer and psychologist, believes the sessions energize the heart. "The gong bath energized my heart center beautifully and it was a wonderful healing experience".
The gongs used for the sessions are symbolic of the planets of the solar system and produce a specific frequency. These frequencies heal the body and mind.
To know more about the workshop Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News