OffBeat Carnival brings Sound Healing through Gongs
January 31, 2019
The pressures of life and daily living can lead to health issues and it is important to de-stress to re-boot the mind and heal the strains of the daily stresses.
One very effective method that can be used to heal body and mind is Gong Meditation, a concept that utilizes the power of sounds or frequencies to tune out the negativity within us.
Sound Therapy has been found to be effective in many health conditions like
- Recovery from physical injuries
- Stress removal
Bringing these benefits to the public is OffBeat Carnival, which has been organizing sessions, which have been much liked by the participants. The best news is that these sessions are inclusive.
Their upcoming event in Delhi is an introductory workshop to sound healing through gongs. The session will be used to inform participants about the science behind sound vibration healing. There will be certified trainers present to guide participants.
Rakshit Malik, a student at St. Stephen's College in Delhi University, attended a session last year.
It was amazing to see how music, in its most mundane manifestation of sound, could be employed to relax the body, soothe the mind and calm the soul. As I was exposed to a range of sounds, each unique and emanating from a different instrument at a different instant, I experienced a blissful exit from worldliness and sought contentment in the momentary trance. - Rakshit Malik, President Enabling Unit, St. Stephen's College
Dr Shruti Jain, a spiritual healer and psychologist, believes the sessions energize the heart. "The gong bath energized my heart center beautifully and it was a wonderful healing experience".
The gongs used for the sessions are symbolic of the planets of the solar system and produce a specific frequency. These frequencies heal the body and mind.
To know more about the workshop Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
- Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
April 20, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
April 20, 2019
- #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News