Mithali Raj is first female cricketer to play 200 ODI’s
February 2, 2019
Mithali Raj, who is the captain of the Indian women's cricket team, has become the first woman cricketer to feature in 200 ODI's. She has achieved this record in the third ODI against New Zealand on Friday. The 36 year old, who had made her ODI debut in June 1999, has played 200 of India Women's team's 263 ODI's. She has a whopping 6622 runs to her credit and is also the highest run scorer in women's ODI cricket.
For the ODI against New Zealand, Raj was dismissed by 9 runs by Leigh Kasperek. Social media was flooded with congratulatory messages for Raj.
Congratulations to one of the giants of Indian cricket. Well played @M_Raj03. 200 one-day internationals is a magnificent achievement. Wish you many more as you continue to inspire more girls to play cricket for India-Harsha Bhogle, Cricket Commentator
With this new record, Raj has reached close to cricket maestros like Sachin Tendulkar with 463 ODI's, Sanath Jayasurya with 445 and Javed Miandad with 233. Raj is also the record holder for leading a country in ODI's for the most number of times.
"And kudos to #MithaliRaj for becoming the first player to play more than 200 ODIs. Especially significant considering she began her career in an era when not as much cricket was played. Pathbreaking", tweeted Snehal Pradhan, Sports Writer Her grit and determination is truly an inspiration for a lot of people.
ALSO READ: India loses 4th one day to New Zealand
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News