India vs New Zealand: Dhoni will play final ODI
February 3, 2019
The Indian cricket team, which lost badly in the last one day match against New Zealand, is looking to bounce back in the final one day match in Wellington today.
After taking a 3-0 lead in the series, India was defeated by eight wickets in their last match. However, with M S Dhoni set to return and Mohammed Shami likely to replace Mohammed Siraj, India will be hoping to end the series on a high note.
Dhoni missed the last two matches due to a hamstring injury. With the Indian batsmen failing miserably in the final match, Dhoni will replace Dinesh Karthik. Dhoni has been in a good shape since the one day series in Australia. He can still finish games with his calm demeanour and also strike the big hits when India are setting a target.
Meanwhile, Indian cricket selector MSK Prasad has said he is happy with the way Indian cricketers are playing. Speaking to a sports news website, he said,
I love watching as many matches as possible in domestic cricket because that's where the future of Indian cricket lies. Our domestic cricket is very good, and we keep seeing special talent every passing year. Unless and until we watch these matches and identify fresh talent and prepare a good succession chart, there is every possibility that we might get stagnated like some other countries. - MSK Prasad, Indian cricket board
Meanwhile veteran cricketer Sunil Gavaskar has also said Dhoni's experience was missed during the last one day international. "His experience comes in very handy. The fact that he has got so much experience, he can pace his innings," said Gavaskar. "If wickets have fallen early, then Dhoni is a kind of a player who will make sure he hangs in there and accelerate towards the end of the innings".
His (MS Dhoni) experience comes in very handy. The fact that he has got so much experience, he can pace his innings," Gavaskar told the official broadcasters.
Watch in Sign Language
- India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
- Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
June 24, 2019
- Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News