India vs New Zealand: Dhoni will play final ODI
February 3, 2019
The Indian cricket team, which lost badly in the last one day match against New Zealand, is looking to bounce back in the final one day match in Wellington today.
After taking a 3-0 lead in the series, India was defeated by eight wickets in their last match. However, with M Sâ€‰Dhoni set to return and Mohammed Shami likely to replace Mohammed Siraj, India will be hoping to end the series on a high note.
Dhoni missed the last two matches due to a hamstring injury. With the Indian batsmen failing miserably in the final match, Dhoni will replace Dinesh Karthik. Dhoni has been in a good shape since the one day series in Australia. He can still finish games with his calm demeanour and also strike the big hits when India are setting a target.
Meanwhile, Indian cricket selector MSK Prasad has said he is happy with the way Indian cricketers are playing. Speaking to a sports news website, he said,
I love watching as many matches as possible in domestic cricket because that's where the future of Indian cricket lies. Our domestic cricket is very good, and we keep seeing special talent every passing year. Unless and until we watch these matches and identify fresh talent and prepare a good succession chart, there is every possibility that we might get stagnated like some other countries. - MSK Prasad, Indian cricket board
Meanwhile veteran cricketer Sunil Gavaskar has also said Dhoni's experience was missed during the last one day international. "His experience comes in very handy. The fact that he has got so much experience, he can pace his innings," said Gavaskar. "If wickets have fallen early, then Dhoni is a kind of a player who will make sure he hangs in there and accelerate towards the end of the innings".
His (MS Dhoni) experience comes in very handy. The fact that he has got so much experience, he can pace his innings," Gavaskar told the official broadcasters.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment August 13, 2019 Government move to roll back disability pension tax on retired soldiers welcomed
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 Foreign doctors question MCI guidelines regarding disabled medical aspirants ahead of crucial hearing
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Life is beautiful, never give up”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News