6 killed, several injured as Seemanchal Express derailed in Bihar
February 4, 2019
Six passengers lost their lives and many more were injured when the coaches of Seemanchal Express Train derailed in Bihar yesterday.
As per reports, nine coaches of the train went off the tracks when the Delhi going train was moving at full speed.
Many passengers have said that the train had been trembling unusually before the accident occurred. Several passengers had been worried about the coaches being unstable and had reported the issue to the ticket examiner and coach assistant.
However, their concerns were not listened to and soon the coaches went off the tracks in Hajipur in Bihar. Local villagers were the first to reach the spot and help in the rescue works.
PM Modi tweeted his condolences, "Deeply anguished by the loss of lives due to the derailment of coaches of the Seemanchal Express. My thoughts are with the bereaved families. May the injured recover quickly. Railways, NDRF, and local authorities are providing all possible assistance in the wake of the accident." The investigation into the cause of the accident is underway and it has been found that the tracks did not have fishplates and it may have caused the derailment.
India railway has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh each to families who lost their loved ones in the accident. Seriously injured people will be given Rs 1 lakh and those with minor injuries will get Rs 50,000 compensation.
The medical treatment of the injured passengers will also be paid for by the railways.
These are the helpline numbers for Seemanchal Express derailment:
The accident has again raised concerns about train travelling in the country.
?????????? @IncipidBrain,"Replying to @nishantchat I have heard about the news of Rail derailment today... Now whose accountability and who should you back up and who should be sacked?"
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News