Farmers can get 1st installment under PM-Kisan scheme without Aadhaar
February 6, 2019
The government has made some announcements regarding the recently launched PM-Kisan scheme.
As per the latest notifications, farmers can receive the first instalment of Rs 2,000 even if they do not have an Aadhaar number.
However, for the remaining payments, farmers will need to submit their Aadhaar numbers for the sake of identity verifications.
For the first installments alternative ID proofs such as driving licence, voters' ID card, NREGA job card, or any other identification issued by central/state governments can be used.
The later instalments will only be made available to the farmers if they have Aadhaar.
In the recently presented interim budget by the government, provision has been made to provide a direct income support of Rs 6,000 per year to farmers.
This scheme is for small farmers who have cultivable land holding of up to 2 hectares.
The scheme named Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan), has been stated from this year itself. The first installments are expected to be handed out by March.
Centre government has ordered the states to prepare the list of farmers that will be covered under the scheme.
Some people are wondering why Aadhar has been made compulsory despite the orders of Supreme Court.
Sushant Gunjan @MrSushantGunjan, tweeted, "Replying to @republic Even after the supreme court dicision when will cure from Aadhar-phobia."
nisha Dev @nishaDev1 wrote,"Replying to @nitin_gadkari Be a realist, Nitin Gadkari. How will Rs. 6000 a year help the farmer?"
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News