SLP 5k Run - Run For a Cause
The Startup Leadership Program (SLP) is a highly selective, global, world-class training program and lifelong global network for outstanding founders, leaders, and innovators who want to become startup CEOs. The program began in Boston in 2006 with seven Fellows (participants). It has grown to 28 cities in 13 countries.
SLP Hyderabad will be holding its third annual 5K Run/Walk on February 17, 2019. This run-for-a-cause is open to anyone, especially those involved in the entrepreneurial ecosystem including innovators, founders, leaders, VCs, working professionals, startup ecosystem partners, and the general public willing to support the initiative.
SLP Hyderabad started its annual charity run in 2017 as the 'SLP 5k Neon Run'. Since then the event has raised more than 7 lakhs for supporting NGOs like Kishori Vikas, Sankalp Foundation and Pratyusha Support. Based on our experience over the past 2 years, we expect around 800-1000 participants this year.
The top 3 winners of the 5K Run/Walk will be felicitated at the event. All proceeds from the Run/Walk go towards supporting families of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a goal of helping their children achieve their true potential. This year, SLP Hyderabad will be supporting the charity organisation Nayi Disha. Started in 2014, Nayi Disha has presence in 6 cities and helps families empower their intellectually/developmentally challenged children.
- Starts on: Sunday, 17 Feb 2019 at 07:00 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 17 Feb 2019 at 08:00 AM
- City: Hyderabad
- Location: International Institute of Information Technology
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Nayi Disha Resource Centre
- Organizer Phone: +91 89281 78928
- Organizer Website: https://www.nayi-disha.org
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News