Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
Valentine’s Dayis just around the corner and shops and markets are full of red hearts and red-colored paraphernalia.
It's a day to celebrate the love we feel for special people in our lives. While the association of the day is with love and romance, it can also mean love for parents, siblings, and friends. Most importantly, a day to love yourself.
There can be many ways to celebrate this feeling and we asked some NewzHook readers to share their plans.
Blogger Vinayana Khurana plans to spend the day with her mother.
This V-Day, I would like to celebrate with my mom. I would like to take her out on a date and pamper her as much as possible. As a wheelchair user, I would choose an accessible venue and treat her like my queen. - Vinayana Khurana, Blogger
Here are some more ideas you can look at:
- Celebrating love does not have to be extravagant and loud. It is great to spend time with your loved ones at home.
- Plan a simple tea party or dinner with friends or loved ones.
- Watch a romantic movie or listen to old songs you love.
- Want to go out? Plan in advance and check out accessible venues.
Vinay Sharma, who lives in Solan, Himachal Pradesh, has planned ahead as he has muscular dystrophy and uses a wheelchair.
‘I wish to take my wife for a bike ride but it is not possible due to my medical condition. So, I plan to spend quality time with her and watch a movie perhaps". Sharma says he has lots to celebrate as he has a great life partner..
So, find out who is that special person you want to show your appreciation for and plan your day.
Watch in Sign Language
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News