Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
February 11, 2019
Valentine's Dayis just around the corner and shops and markets are full of red hearts and red-colored paraphernalia.
It's a day to celebrate the love we feel for special people in our lives. While the association of the day is with love and romance, it can also mean love for parents, siblings, and friends. Most importantly, a day to love yourself.
There can be many ways to celebrate this feeling and we asked some NewzHook readers to share their plans.
Blogger Vinayana Khurana plans to spend the day with her mother.
This V-Day, I would like to celebrate with my mom. I would like to take her out on a date and pamper her as much as possible. As a wheelchair user, I would choose an accessible venue and treat her like my queen. - Vinayana Khurana, Blogger
Here are some more ideas you can look at:
- Celebrating love does not have to be extravagant and loud. It is great to spend time with your loved ones at home.
- Plan a simple tea party or dinner with friends or loved ones.
- Watch a romantic movie or listen to old songs you love.
- Want to go out? Plan in advance and check out accessible venues.
Vinay Sharma, who lives in Solan, Himachal Pradesh, has planned ahead as he has muscular dystrophy and uses a wheelchair.
'I wish to take my wife for a bike ride but it is not possible due to my medical condition. So, I plan to spend quality time with her and watch a movie perhaps". Sharma says he has lots to celebrate as he has a great life partner..
So, find out who is that special person you want to show your appreciation for and plan your day.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News