Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
February 11, 2019
Valentine's Dayis just around the corner and shops and markets are full of red hearts and red-colored paraphernalia.
It's a day to celebrate the love we feel for special people in our lives. While the association of the day is with love and romance, it can also mean love for parents, siblings, and friends. Most importantly, a day to love yourself.
There can be many ways to celebrate this feeling and we asked some NewzHook readers to share their plans.
Blogger Vinayana Khurana plans to spend the day with her mother.
This V-Day, I would like to celebrate with my mom. I would like to take her out on a date and pamper her as much as possible. As a wheelchair user, I would choose an accessible venue and treat her like my queen. - Vinayana Khurana, Blogger
Here are some more ideas you can look at:
- Celebrating love does not have to be extravagant and loud. It is great to spend time with your loved ones at home.
- Plan a simple tea party or dinner with friends or loved ones.
- Watch a romantic movie or listen to old songs you love.
- Want to go out? Plan in advance and check out accessible venues.
Vinay Sharma, who lives in Solan, Himachal Pradesh, has planned ahead as he has muscular dystrophy and uses a wheelchair.
'I wish to take my wife for a bike ride but it is not possible due to my medical condition. So, I plan to spend quality time with her and watch a movie perhaps". Sharma says he has lots to celebrate as he has a great life partner..
So, find out who is that special person you want to show your appreciation for and plan your day.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News