Hi Bhavna. I am 23 years old and I am a wheelchair user. I want to upload my profile on a dating website. Do you think I should mention that I am disabled?
February 6, 2019
Name : Sunil, New Delhi
Ans: Hi Sunil. Thank you for writing to us. Hmm..this is a tricky question with no 'one' answer. You can choose to disclose it subtly in a profile picture, or on the other hand you could wait until you meet your date for the first time.
There is no right way to do it. A lot of people would not choose to leave it until the date but disclosing too early can make a disability seem like an obstacle, which it is not. Perhaps you can look for a way to speak about yourself and your interests in a smart and interesting way, without making the disability the main factor.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna February 27, 2019
I have a 13-year-old daughter who is physically disabled. She finds it hard to make friends and suffers from low self-esteem. She hates going to school as she feels that her classmates make fun of her. She has become quiet even at home and does not engage with any of the family members. Please help
Ask-bhavna May 15, 2019
Hello Bhavna. My name is Syed Reyaz and I am working in the Fire & Emergency Department in Jammu and Kashmir. I am a fireman and I fell from the ladder on duty while firefighting. I have suffered a spinal cord injury but my department cannot help me. I don’t have Mediclaim either. What can I do?
Newz Hook - Accessible News