Opening Ceremony of the Special Olympics World Games
The Special Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi 2019 will kick off with a parade, cauldron lighting and a series of moving performances.
The spectacle of the Special Olympics World Games 2019 Opening Ceremony will be like no other event. The Opening Ceremony kicks off seven extraordinary days of competition and special events where the abilities of athletes with intellectual disabilities will be celebrated at an international level.
More than 40,000 spectators are expected to be in attendance at Zayed Sports City when the competition kicks off on March 14. There'll also be millions of people watching throughout the world, all with their eyes on Abu Dhabi.
A parade will feature 7,500 athletes from more than 190 nations. Most notably, it will be the largest number of athletes and nations to ever take part in a parade at a Special Olympics Opening Ceremony.
The athletes will also be joined by a number of international celebrities and sporting heroes who are supporting the event.
- Starts on: Thursday, 14 Mar 2019 at 05:00 PM
- Ends on: Thursday, 14 Mar 2019 at 10:00 PM
- City: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Location: Zayed Sports City Airport Road, Behind Carrefour
- Event Charges: Paid
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: Special Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi 2019
- Organizer Website: https://www.abudhabi2019.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News