Mumbai man wants to sue parents for giving birth to him
February 8, 2019
Raphael Samuel, a 27-year-old man from Mumbai is planning to sue his parents for giving birth to him without his permission. Samuel has made news around the world after news emerged that he is gping to take his parents to court for giving birth to him.
Samuel believes it is morally wrong of people to procreate as it only leads to misery and puts a burden on earth's resources. He is a believer of antinatalism, a school of thought that argues that human life is so full of pain that people should stop having children for reasons of compassion.
Samuel announced his decision on Facebook in a post saying that while he loves his parents, they gave birth to him for their own "joy and their pleasure." In an interview to a website, he also said that "introducing a child into a world that is suffering is wrong".
Samuel has also shared what his mother thinks of his plans.
I must admire my son's temerity to want to take his parents to court knowing both of us are lawyers. If Raphael could come up with a rational explanation as to how we could have sought his consent to be born, I will accept my fault. - Kavita Karnad Samuel
Many people have called him ungrateful and ridiculous, with some making jokes as well. "My parents should never complain about me not taking them anywhere. At least I'm not taking them to court", said Nitish Parab, while Lori Taylor from the United States said, "Birth is a gift of Love. My children made me very happy as well. Is there something wrong with that ? But. Good luck with dragging your poor parents through a court process that you'll lose. And then !! You have no one. Enjoy.
Samuel, however, is not bothered and continues to preach about antinatalism on his Facebook page, Nihilanand.
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News