Robert Vadra questioned by investigation agencies in money laundering case
February 8, 2019
Businessman Robert Vadra was questioned by the top investigation agency on Wednesday. Vadra, who is the husband of Priyanka Gandhi and brother-in-law of Congress President Rahul Gandhi, has been under the scanner for dealing with top international agencies in money laundering matters. He was grilled by the Enforcement Directorate for many hours. Reportedly, Vadra has denied owning properties in London or even having connections with people or agencies involved in the case.
Vadra was dropped into the agency office by his wife Priyanka Gandhi. He was probed for over five hours after which he left for lunch and then came back. Reportedly, he left the office by 10 pm. Gandhi even told that she stands with her husband amidst the controversies. But that did not go well amongst social media users.
Shocking if true. Can't believe she said that #RobertVadra-Ravindra Jadeja, cricketer
Vadra's case came up to light and investigations started to become in full-throttle a few days after Priyanka Gandhi entered active politics.
Even though Vadra has denied any allegations, the investigating agency has said that they are going to probe into the matter in detail.
"Important to note that the 8 properties in London acquired allegedly illegally by #RobertVadra were, as per #ED, bought from kickbacks in defence & petroleum deals in the steroid-driven years of UPA1, 2004-09, under the benign gaze of MoF", tweeted Minhaz Merchant, a media personality.
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News