Family of martyred pilot angry over use of old jets
February 8, 2019
The family members of martyred Indian Air Force pilot Squadron Leader Samir Abrol have said that pilots are being provided outdated Mirage 2000 jets to fly.
Squadron Leader Samir Abrol lost his life on 1 February at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Airport in Bengaluru when the Mirage 2000 jet he was flying crashed.
Squadron Leader Siddhartha Negi was also in the plane and he also died in the crash. Both pilots were from Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment.
The brother of late Squadron Leader Samir Abrol, Sushant has written a heartfelt poem on his death. Sushant Abrol has shared the poem on Facebook.
He said, "While the bureaucracy enjoyed its corrupt cheese and wine. We give our warriors outdated machines to fight".
When the plane crashed, the two pilots had tried to eject, but they got stuck in the explosive flames. Negi had died on the spot while Abrol breathed his last in a hospital.
Sushant also said that the authorities never really disclose the reason behind such accidents and families are kept in dark while the lives of pilots are put on risk.
Many people share their condolences and anger over the incident on social media.
Shailendra @shailendradi tweeted, "Replying to @KesariDhwaj @YRDeshmukh @__phoenixfire It exposes recklessness of our politicians and also quality of work we (HAL in this case) deliver to even critical jobs."
Dr. I. S. Sharma @isukapallis2408 wrote,"Replying to @KesariDhwaj @YRDeshmukh @__phoenixfire Only thing I can offer to the martyr and their families is my tears. Please accept them. My soul weeps as much as yours."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News