Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
February 9, 2019
Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are full of images of parts of Noida, near Delhi, looking like a snowy town after a round of hailstorm on Thursday evening. Roads and highways in Delhi and neighbouring areas were covered in hailstones.
After nearly 10 years, Delhi and neighbouring areas saw such heavy hailstorm that followed the rain. Excited people posted images on social media of the "winter wonderland". Many people compared Noida to hill towns like Manali and Shimla.
So we finally declare that all those who went to Mukteshwar or Kashmir to enjoy Snowfall have wasted their money. Delhi and NCR are having some fun. Look at these pictures from Noida!! - Shikhar Sharma
Among the areas covered in hailstone were busy roads, traffic crossings and apartments in some Noida sectors as well as the Yamuna Expressway. Weather authorities said this was happening after almost a decade. "This is happening after at least a decade that heavy hailstorm occurred at several areas in Delhi and adjoining areas", said Mahesh Palawat, Director, Skymet. "Areas like Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, and Palam received the maximum amount of hail and rains on Thursday evening, while central Delhi was lashed by heavy rains".
The minimum temperature recorded was seven degrees, two notches below the season's average. At least 12 Delhi-bound trains were delayed by two to six hours due to fog and low visibility.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News