Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
India is home to many talented para athletes and para sportsmen. They have won accolades at international events and brought home laurels. One of India’s prides in para sports is a well equipped and skilled wheelchair cricket team. Their hard work and determination is a true inspiration. Now, wheelchair cricket teams from across India are gearing up for national matches where teams from across the country will participate. Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy, one of the most sought after para sports academies in Karnataka is all set to choose the best players from Karnataka to participate in the upcoming national matches.
Divyaang Myithri is holding a selection trial in Bengaluru on 10 February to choose the best who can become part of the national cricket matches. If found to be exceptionally good, the players would get a place in the Indian wheelchair cricket team as well.
Shivaprasad S, who is the co-founder of Divyaang Myithri hopes that wheelchair users would try their luck in the game.
There are many people who are interested in participating in wheelchair sports. But they do not know how to go about doing it. Here, we are providing them a platform to showcase their skills and talents. We hope more aspiring wheelchair cricketers come forward and do their best. We never know, maybe you have a bright future in wheelchair cricket-Shivaprasad S, Co-founder, Divyaang Myithri
40 people from across Karnataka have already signed up for the trials that are going to happen on Sunday. But the organizers are looking forward for a larger number. Since cricket teams have only 11 players, organizers are going to have a tough time choosing the best.
Piyush Sharma is the Manager of Divyaang Myithri. He is a para table tennis player who is going to try his luck with wheelchair cricket for the first time.
“I have been a part of the academy for over a year. But I’am going to attempt wheelchair cricket for the first time and it is exciting already. Since I’am a software engineer, I took up para sports to promote the importance of sports. I’am looking forward to this camp”, says Piyush.
Are you from Karnataka and looking forward to become part of wheelchair cricket? You can reach Vidyaship Academy at Jakkur in Bengaluru on Sunday by 8 am. You can contact the organizers at 9986861117 or 9459355142.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019