Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
February 9, 2019
India's stand-in captain, Rohit Sharma has made history by becoming the first Indian to hit 100 sixes in T20 International cricket format and has become the highest run-getter.
He reached the mark during the second T20I against New Zealand on Friday and is the first Indian batsman to reach the number.
Rohit Sharma is now the third batsman in the world after Windies' Chris Gayle and Martin Guptill of New Zealand to score 100 sixes. Both Gayle and Guptill have smashed 103 sixes each in T20I cricket.
Overall, Rohit has hit 347 sixes in international cricket matches so far. He has played 92 matches so far and has scored 2288 runs and is also has the most 50 plus scores in T20Is.
Cricket fans cheered for Rohit on social media. Ben @Ben40846460, tweeted, "Replying to @ICC Okay I finally found a cricketer who I would pay to watch these days Go Rohit"
M K Narayanaswamy @MKNarayanaswam3, wrote,"Replying to @mipaltan @ImRo45 This is really hitman power.... superbbbbbbb"
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News