Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
February 9, 2019
India's stand-in captain, Rohit Sharma has made history by becoming the first Indian to hit 100 sixes in T20 International cricket format and has become the highest run-getter.
He reached the mark during the second T20I against New Zealand on Friday and is the first Indian batsman to reach the number.
Rohit Sharma is now the third batsman in the world after Windies' Chris Gayle and Martin Guptill of New Zealand to score 100 sixes. Both Gayle and Guptill have smashed 103 sixes each in T20I cricket.
Overall, Rohit has hit 347 sixes in international cricket matches so far. He has played 92 matches so far and has scored 2288 runs and is also has the most 50 plus scores in T20Is.
Cricket fans cheered for Rohit on social media. Ben @Ben40846460, tweeted, "Replying to @ICC Okay I finally found a cricketer who I would pay to watch these days Go Rohit"
M K Narayanaswamy @MKNarayanaswam3, wrote,"Replying to @mipaltan @ImRo45 This is really hitman power.... superbbbbbbb"
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News