Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
February 9, 2019
India's stand-in captain, Rohit Sharma has made history by becoming the first Indian to hit 100 sixes in T20 International cricket format and has become the highest run-getter.
He reached the mark during the second T20I against New Zealand on Friday and is the first Indian batsman to reach the number.
Rohit Sharma is now the third batsman in the world after Windies' Chris Gayle and Martin Guptill of New Zealand to score 100 sixes. Both Gayle and Guptill have smashed 103 sixes each in T20I cricket.
Overall, Rohit has hit 347 sixes in international cricket matches so far. He has played 92 matches so far and has scored 2288 runs and is also has the most 50 plus scores in T20Is.
Cricket fans cheered for Rohit on social media. Benâ€ @Ben40846460, tweeted, "Replying to @ICC Okay I finally found a cricketer who I would pay to watch these days Go Rohit"
M K Narayanaswamyâ€ @MKNarayanaswam3, wrote,"Replying to @mipaltan @ImRo45 This is really hitman power.... superbbbbbbb"
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News