Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
India’s stand-in captain, Rohit Sharma has made history by becoming the first Indian to hit 100 sixes in T20 International cricket format and has become the highest run-getter.
He reached the mark during the second T20I against New Zealand on Friday and is the first Indian batsman to reach the number.
Rohit Sharma is now the third batsman in the world after Windies' Chris Gayle and Martin Guptill of New Zealand to score 100 sixes. Both Gayle and Guptill have smashed 103 sixes each in T20I cricket.
Overall, Rohit has hit 347 sixes in international cricket matches so far. He has played 92 matches so far and has scored 2288 runs and is also has the most 50 plus scores in T20Is.
Cricket fans cheered for Rohit on social media. Ben @Ben40846460, tweeted, ”Replying to @ICC Okay I finally found a cricketer who I would pay to watch these days Go Rohit”
M K Narayanaswamy @MKNarayanaswam3, wrote,”Replying to @mipaltan @ImRo45 This is really hitman power.... superbbbbbbb”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News