Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
Kangana Ranaut has lashed out at fellow actor for not supporting her film Manikarnika. In an interview to a film website, Ranaut said Bhatt's "existence is all about being Karan Johar's puppet", and that she should "grow some spine".
I suggested that she grows some spine and supports an important film about woman empowerment and nationalism. If she doesn't have a voice of her own and her existence is all about being Karan Johar's puppet then I don't consider her successful. - Kangana Ranaut, Actress
Ranaut also said that Bhatt should understand the true meaning of success, and that focusing on just earning money, would not make her amount to anything. "I hope she understands the true meaning of success and her responsibilities, nepotism gang life is simply restricted to giving and taking favours, hope she rises above that."
Ranaut's statement follows a previous accusation against stars of the Hindi film industry. She had accused them of ganging up against her like a "classroom of kids" because she spoke about nepotism. In response, Bhatt said she "hasn't done anything to intentionally to upset Kangana". She also said she would offer an apology.
Ranaut's statements against the film industry came during a media interaction while promoting her film Manikarnika. "Is the Queen of Jhansi my relative? She is yours as much as she is mine. Then why are these people hesitating? Because I spoke up about nepotism? That scared them?" Ranaut had said Karan Johar was the "flagbearer of nepotism", when she appeared in his chat show in 2016.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 19, 2019
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019